Vst 3 support in Live. When?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
granted

Re: Vst 3 support in Live. When?

Post by granted » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
granted wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:VST3 is the least adopted update to a standard I can think of. There are a few good reasons for it, but it came out 8 years ago, and it's still not widely adopted, I wouldn't count on Ableton supporting it anytime before 2020, or 2030 for that matter.
Wrong.
So almost two years ago I was a year off. Sue me! :lol:

Any bets on how much longer it takes NI to release a VST3 version of their software? :x
I would imagine that VST3 is the reason that Massive X is delayed.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 am

granted wrote: I would imagine that VST3 is the reason that Massive X is delayed.
I would imagine it is delayed because it's being developed by NI and isn't sounds.com related.

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:19 am

As of yesterday this thread is obsolete.
It`s done

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:41 am

jestermgee wrote:
granted wrote: I would imagine that VST3 is the reason that Massive X is delayed.
I would imagine it is delayed because it's being developed by NI and isn't sounds.com related.
You must own Maschine. :lol: :oops: :x

Last hardware purchase I ever make from NI.
In general I'm weening myself off of them, too many broken promises. They make some great products, but only support them for the life of the fat paychecks they get from them.

I mean in contrast Push 2 is being supported forever I'm betting, Ohm Force still support their mono distortion plug in Preditohm for chrissakes, Arturia updated CS80, Moog Modular, Arp 2600 etc. old as the hills VSTi's to VST3 and made them resizable... RME still support my 15 year old Fireface and NI stopped supporting my 5 year old Rig Kontrol 3.

What did George W say "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me a third time? Won't get fooled again!"

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Yeah I own a Maschine Studio which I only use for development reasons, I have never used it for anything more than keeping dust of that area of my desk. Push + Live are fine for my needs. Maschine is well designed but not the kind of workflow I like and more of a noodling thing I guess, but I just haven't time to learn it.

The issue I see is with the development of everything. I stuck with the S Series MK1 because it's a nice keyboard and it does exactly what I want it too so i'm one of the happy campers actually that doesn't have many complaints, but I do understand the issues with many of their products and can see the simple fixes that could be done in a few hours but the development of things over there is basically non existent outside the vision of integrating all their own products. I get a sense that the developers want to implement a lot of features which would make people very happy, but happy doesn't bring in new money so....

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for VST3 to become supported with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. Probably as long as it has taken (is taking) to offer the same integration features for MK2 keyboard that the MK1 had 2 years before it.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:48 am

jestermgee wrote:Yeah I own a Maschine Studio which I only use for development reasons, I have never used it for anything more than keeping dust of that area of my desk. Push + Live are fine for my needs. Maschine is well designed but not the kind of workflow I like and more of a noodling thing I guess, but I just haven't time to learn it.

The issue I see is with the development of everything. I stuck with the S Series MK1 because it's a nice keyboard and it does exactly what I want it too so i'm one of the happy campers actually that doesn't have many complaints, but I do understand the issues with many of their products and can see the simple fixes that could be done in a few hours but the development of things over there is basically non existent outside the vision of integrating all their own products. I get a sense that the developers want to implement a lot of features which would make people very happy, but happy doesn't bring in new money so....

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for VST3 to become supported with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. Probably as long as it has taken (is taking) to offer the same integration features for MK2 keyboard that the MK1 had 2 years before it.
NI 100% suffers for their size. They give such good offers up front that it almost seems crazy not to own some of their kit.
Because of the been counter issue though, they follow almost nothing up, and I'm not saying that to be cruel or petty because I'm snowed in in Seattle tonight. :x

I've used their software since 2003... probably more money over the years thrown their way than any other company, and I probably will toss more cash their way in the future, Kontakt 6 will as some point need to be purchased for instance. That said, no more hardware from them, not worth it, 2 out of three purchases are discontinued, literally the only hardware I've owned that had the developers stop making drivers for it, screw them..

They're coming in dead last for VST3 support, which is embarrassing considering their size...
Employee comparison, from LinkedIn and Owlsy:
MOTU- 46
Propellerhead - 175
Steinberg - 208
Ableton currently employs around 300 people,
NI- 574

No excuses.... :x for that matter same with Ableton! but this latest update is good stuff so... NI where you at?