How long do support take to respond?

Discuss Push with other users.
redlester

How long do support take to respond?

Post by redlester » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 am

A week ago, after over a year of using Push 2 with Live Suite 9, then 10, without issues, I started to experience problems with USB devices on my system seemingly randomly not connecting on boot up, or losing their correct mapping in the Live preferences under Link/MIDI - one of my keyboards was sometimes listed twice, or not at all for example.

To cut a long story short, after wasting last weekend troubleshooting, and exhausting all the options in Ableton's help page on the matter https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... creen-Mac-
it appears the problem is my Push 2 unit. It will no longer connect with Live and just remains at the logo screen. When I switch off or disconnect Push from my system, everything else goes back to normal and I have no further problems.

I sent a Support request to Ableton a week ago, and received an auto response. Since then nothing, have not heard a word.

So my question is, how long do people normally have to wait for support to respond?

I'm on a Mac mini 2012, High Sierra, Live 10.06. The problem also exists with the latest Live beta version.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: How long do support take to respond?

Post by [jur] » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 am

Support is usually extremely responsive, within a or 2. So if you haven't heard back yet I'd suggest to write a new ticket. Sometimes on can get lost for some reasons.
Have you tried using an other USB cable with your Push?
Ableton Forum Moderator

redlester

Post by redlester » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:15 am

[jur] wrote:Support is usually extremely responsive, within a or 2. So if you haven't heard back yet I'd suggest to write a new ticket. Sometimes on can get lost for some reasons.
Have you tried using an other USB cable with your Push?
Thanks.
Yes, have tried everything conceivable.

The auto-response said "Reply above this line" so I have replied asking for a response. If nothing by midweek I will try a new support request.

McAnix

Post by McAnix » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Generally as jur mentioned, a day or 2 but I have experienced long waiting times with ableton support, a week is the longest they've taken but they always reply and it seems to happen during their busiest periods, eg, 10.1 is about to come out. Once they reply though the responses are no longer than 12 hours I find, depending on the problem of course.

redlester

Post by redlester » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 pm

McAnix wrote:Generally as jur mentioned, a day or 2 but I have experienced long waiting times with ableton support, a week is the longest they've taken but they always reply and it seems to happen during their busiest periods, eg, 10.1 is about to come out. Once they reply though the responses are no longer than 12 hours I find, depending on the problem of course.
Thanks, that's useful to know.

My relief this morning is on checking the receipt for my Push I bought it in October 2017 and the retailer has a two year guarantee on everything. So if Ableton can confirm it's faulty I should be able to deal with it through the retailer.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio/MIDI

In the MIDI panel, you'll see every MIDI device you ever connected.
You can create a new MIDI configuration, it'll only show the IAC bus and whatever MIDI is currently detected.
Try running from this new configuration. It'll add MIDI devices as you plug them in. But more importantly, it gets rid of the ones you don't use.

This may not do anything, but its the first thing I'd look at if MIDI devices started showing up double.

redlester

Post by redlester » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:42 pm
Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio/MIDI

In the MIDI panel, you'll see every MIDI device you ever connected.
You can create a new MIDI configuration, it'll only show the IAC bus and whatever MIDI is currently detected.
Try running from this new configuration. It'll add MIDI devices as you plug them in. But more importantly, it gets rid of the ones you don't use.

This may not do anything, but its the first thing I'd look at if MIDI devices started showing up double.
Thanks, yes I already tried all that. It doesn't work, Push will not connect and seems to play havoc with my other USB devices when it's plugged in and turned on.

Support got back to me yesterday morning and have agreed it's a hardware fault, and are sending out a replacement. Am really impressed with this, although initial response took a few days their attitude is first class. :D