Questions... Push 1 taken off the shelf after years - what now.

Discuss Push with other users.
yentzee

Questions... Push 1 taken off the shelf after years - what now.

Post by yentzee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi,
I have taken Push 1 off the shelf after it being there for years. I really want to learn how to use it properly but it is really cryptic and I am having problems with the easies things.

1. How fo I delete clips and tracks using push?

2. I am having difficulties navigating through the patterns. For drums I am using drumracks with one drumrack being kicks, the next being claps etc. Unfortunately it seems that Push is forcing me to have drumrack sequencer style only. I really would like to use the standard step sequencer for notes with drumracks but when pressing Note several times I only get the views: "Clip selection", "Drums: 16 Velocities" and "Drums:64 Pads" Not the view where I can chose the part of the pattrern in the upper row and have the notes of the octave presented underneath.

3. Lets say I recorded a pattern and am having one note that I want to be one or two 16th behind its actual position, How can I move just this note along the quantize grid? It seems that I can just nudge a bit here and there but not more than half a 16th. Same goes for transposition. How can I transpose a note / move it up or down?

4. when previewing the kits included in live (not a push question excatly) it plays previewloops. Is there any way to get those in midi into live and not just the kit?

Thanks fpor helping

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Questions... Push 1 taken off the shelf after years - what now.

Post by [jur] » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:56 pm

These videos feature Push 2, but it applies to Push1 too (except for the P2 specific features like waveform display...)
Ableton Forum Moderator

yentzee

Re: Questions... Push 1 taken off the shelf after years - what now.

Post by yentzee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks for the link. Will check them out tomorrow