DrumRack on push as a effecter

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pospik2705

DrumRack on push as a effecter

Post by Pospik2705 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi, one guy in a disccusion using drumRack pads for individuals FX for sounds... I would like to make it. but Im stagging on routing audio through drum rack or Somehow send fx from drum rack somewhere and than audio through these FX triggered by drum rack...

The guys said this : https://ibb.co/s9P7s9w
Im stagging on this but im not sure if it is what he said.. : https://ibb.co/nkZjhFP

( the conversation:

I use a combination of empty spaces in my loops. Each sound group channel has a stutter edit with a custom preset I came up with and all stutter edits are controlled by a single drum rack on a separate channel. This allows me to select that channel and trigger stutter combinations on the various other channels using the pads on my Push 2.

To be clear, I'm talking about Ableton. So the way it works is:

Each pad/cell on a drum rack can hold another object, in this case an external instrument rack.

You can set that rack to put out to a stutter edit on any channel.

On the drum rack itself, you can expand some settings that let you adjust the note output of the individual cells, so you'll need to fiddle with those so they correspond to whatever preset(s) you have set up on your various stutter edits.

If you use a Push you can also color-code the cells of the drum rack so at a glance you can know which cells go to which stutter edit on which channel.

)

orionka

Re: DrumRack on push as a effecter

Post by orionka » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:43 am

You can trigger Sends in your Drum-Rack ON/OFF with your MIDI-Controller
or
You can Solo certain Pads, that are routed to specific Pads.

To route Audio from a specific track to a certain Drum Pad chain, you can use Sidechain of a compressor with pre-listen ON.

These are the tricks - customize to your needs.

Pospik2705

Post by Pospik2705 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:39 pm

no thats not working how I want ...

I want push button in Drum rack and activate beat repeat or what ever . BUt if i rout send from compresor to repeater or i dont know how otherway ... the sound play continously so its play sounds if i push play button or not ...

maybe it could be nice if some max for live device for mapping ON/OFF could work ..when u push button on drum rack it will activate beat repeat wherever FX is ..
orionka wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:43 am
You can trigger Sends in your Drum-Rack ON/OFF with your MIDI-Controller
or
You can Solo certain Pads, that are routed to specific Pads.

To route Audio from a specific track to a certain Drum Pad chain, you can use Sidechain of a compressor with pre-listen ON.

These are the tricks - customize to your needs.

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:10 am

No need for MIDI routing.

Drop Stutter Edit on an Audio Track.
Set the "Audio to" ofthe channel you want to affect to the track Stutteredit sits on.
Arm it or set the monitor to In.

Put a DrumRack on a MIDI channel.
Make sure it is Armed.
Drop an External Instrument" on a pad.
Set "MIDI To" of the External Instrument to the channel Stutter Edit sits on.
Repeat for other pads.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+