More Robust Featured Piano Roll

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
cmkadmin

More Robust Featured Piano Roll

Post by cmkadmin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

See FL Studio for example. All those features. I like nothing else about FL, but the piano roll is so far and away superior to literally any other one on the market, I have no choice but to use it for creative purposes in some me situations. Even Cubase has a better piano roll.

railpressureflip

Re: More Robust Featured Piano Roll

Post by railpressureflip » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:35 am

cmkadmin wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm
See FL Studio for example. All those features. I like nothing else about FL, but the piano roll is so far and away superior to literally any other one on the market, I have no choice but to use it for creative purposes in some me situations. Even Cubase has a better piano roll.
Agreed. Having switched from FL to Ableton, the piano roll is an absolute nightmare to use.

gross9978

Post by gross9978 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:13 am

Check out live enhancement suite, it adds some nice features to the piano roll and its free. You can look it up on you tube and see some info and demos.

cmkadmin

Post by cmkadmin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:14 am

So I did try the Enhancement Tools, but they caused me significant heartburn. When active, Ableton takes several minutes to load, and once loaded, the audio on my VST's become glitchy and eventually the driver (Focusrite) cuts out completely - only way I can restore is to flip through the ASIO drivers or restart Ableton.

I absolutely confirmed the issue was indeed the tools.

Unfortunate, because it looked like some cool stuff - especially the middle mouse wheel scroll.