OBS and Ableton Live (Apollo Twin) w/ sound flower

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

OBS and Ableton Live (Apollo Twin) w/ sound flower

Post by junqueira » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:26 am

Is anyone successfully live streaming with Ableton and OBS? I've got everything routed properly with Soundflower, but my only issue is the latency. I also get pops, clicks and drop outs at times. Periodically, the audio freezes until I change the buffer size, then it goes back to normal. At the very worst, I'd like to at least be able to stream at 256 buffer size, but theres too many audio artifacts at that rate (I have to move the buffer size to 512 but then theres too much latency). Does anyone have a solution? I've spent all day on this and it's really frustrating..I feel drained

jestermgee

Re: OBS and Ableton Live (Apollo Twin) w/ sound flower

Post by jestermgee » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:58 am

Get a decent interface and a mixer.

It's just easier to rout the audio out to an interface then a mixer so you can hook up mics and whatnot then feed that back to the input of your interface and set OBS to receive audio from your interface input.

That's how I have always done it (windows) but it's much better than trying to loop things back and mix things within the box.

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:40 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:58 am
Get a decent interface and a mixer.

It's just easier to rout the audio out to an interface then a mixer so you can hook up mics and whatnot then feed that back to the input of your interface and set OBS to receive audio from your interface input.

That's how I have always done it (windows) but it's much better than trying to loop things back and mix things within the box.
I’m sorry, I’m a newb at this..is there a video or article with an example of this? I’m not even sure what I would need to buy

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:27 am

Sadowick did a video on this: link
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:05 pm

mothergarage wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:27 am
Sadowick did a video on this: link