Music Visualizers for posting to YouTiube

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Richie Witch

Music Visualizers for posting to YouTiube

Post by Richie Witch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:36 pm

Someone recently recommended that I start creating visuals to go with my tracks and that got me wandering around the web looking for ideas.

Anyone have any experience with any of the online visualizer-generating services like Renderforest or Videobolt? Or add-on software packages like Remixvideo?

Love to hear about your experiences or ideas.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

S4racen

Re: Music Visualizers for posting to YouTiube

Post by S4racen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 am

If you have MAxforLive already you can do it from within Live...

https://isotonikstudios.com/product-cat ... l-devices/

Depends how Pro you want to go, the World Collection does generative visuals which you can record with a sc reencapture software or export to Syphon/Spout to record elsewhere. Or you c an go full pro and get EboSuite and add video to the performance...

Cheers
D

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:32 pm

S4racen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 am
If you have MAxforLive already you can do it from within Live...

https://isotonikstudios.com/product-cat ... l-devices/

Depends how Pro you want to go, the World Collection does generative visuals which you can record with a sc reencapture software or export to Syphon/Spout to record elsewhere. Or you c an go full pro and get EboSuite and add video to the performance...
No Max4Live; I'm on Live Standard. I've seen mention of "Syphon" and "Sprout" elsewhere. I'll have to do some research on those and see what that's all about. I've also seen some references to Adobe After Effects, but seems like using that would take a whole new learning curve and a lot of expertise to get anything useful.

Thanks for the tips!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Syphon is Mac, Spout is Windows.... They're applications that allow the transference of visuals and audio between applications.

If you don't have MaxforLive it limits your options to be honest. Resolume is something to look into I suppose, wouldn't advise After Effects though...

Cheers
D

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 pm

S4racen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm
Syphon is Mac, Spout is Windows.... They're applications that allow the transference of visuals and audio between applications.
Ah, good to know.
S4racen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm
If you don't have MaxforLive it limits your options to be honest.
This would be one reason to go with Remixvideo. It loads into live on a MIDI track as a vst, and you then use the piano roll to control your video, to launch transitions, add or take away elements, etc. Learning curve doesn't look too bad, but since there is a finite set of templates (although you can buy expansion packs for more), I just imagine my visualizations would quickly start to look like every other newb out there.

I was hoping to find something that would allow me to import my own backgrounds or transparent graphics similar to what FL Studio does (saw a pretty cool video on YouTube about that one).

I'll go check out Resolume too. Thanks!