How to MIDI map a button to "launch any currently selected clip"?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
do_pe

How to MIDI map a button to "launch any currently selected clip"?

Post by do_pe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:06 am

Is there a way to midi map a certain midi CC/note to "launch the currently selected clip" for any clip(s) that might be selected?

What I want to achieve (for live looping using clips in Session View): use launchpad to arm a track and launch (recording) a clip, then use one-button foot controller to stop recording (and start looping) that clip. The point is, any track, any scene, any clip, the foot controller would launch the SELECTED clip.

I tried mapping the foot controller to the Track Launch for every track, but if I press the foot controller to launch (stop recording), every track will jump to the same highlighted scene (like a Scene Launch), which is not what I want. For example, I'd like to keep my Track 1 and Track 2 playing their clips in Scene 1, while I stop recording a clip on Track 3, Scene 2.

I just got my Launchpad Pro and Live 10 Lite yesterday so I'm very new to this. :?

Valiumdupeuple

Re: How to MIDI map a button to "launch any currently selected clip"?

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 pm

This M4L device allows to set and navigate your locators in Arrangement. Plus many other things.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 pm

You would need o select a track you want to launch and arm and stick with that one as you won't be able to dynamically map a clip launch slot.

There's a Play Button in each track, which you'll see when you enter MIDI Mapping mode.

Live Lite doesn't run MaxforLive so you really have limited possibilities to do what you want to do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc_1t5_l29E&t=376s

Cheers
D

orbita

Post by orbita » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm

I think Clyphx pro lets you do this with SEL/PLAY SEL command which will play the selected clip on the selected track.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Yes indeed, and it['s compatible with all versions of Live....

Cheers
D