Push Vst Preset Racks

Discuss Push with other users.
Lovelights

Push Vst Preset Racks

Post by Lovelights » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:29 am

Control your favourite Vst,s with Push only, no more mousing at your computer.
Browse through Presets and tweak the parameters on Push, no editor or weird parameter settings on Push, easy layout with both parameters and preset banks
Get the first one for free, half price through July. Also a lot of free Push Preset racks for already free vsti,s

Join in here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AbletonPushVstRacks/

BAMBEROO

Re: Push Vst Preset Racks

Post by BAMBEROO » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 am

excellent!!!- but what about those who do not use facebook??

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:05 am

For know its only on FB.

adejdickson

Post by adejdickson » Thu May 23, 2019 3:50 pm

For those who use Push VST Racks, there are also loads available on TimbresAndTones (https://www.timbresandtones.com) web site - including some killer drum racks for Superior Drummer 3, ezDrummer, Native Instruments Komplete, IK Multimedia
8)

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Thu May 23, 2019 6:39 pm

New website so you dont have to join FaceBook

Latest VST Racks for your Push is the new Arturia V7 collection.

http://lovelight.biz/

Reaktiv

Post by Reaktiv » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:47 pm

:D
Last edited by Reaktiv on Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm

I take it you own the Arturia V Collection? As the racks will show empty if you havent bought and installed those plugins
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Reaktiv

Post by Reaktiv » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:06 pm

:D
Last edited by Reaktiv on Tue May 26, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:35 pm

The macros are not mapped on those screenshots that I see. I dont use the racks that way, I tend to use and browse presets from 3rd party VSTs using Komplete Kontrol
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Reaktiv

Post by Reaktiv » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:14 am

Ah if I knew that before.. Seems a very good solution, thanks
Last edited by Reaktiv on Tue May 26, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Yeah often you will find that parameters have been mapped within the VST loader and not to the macro section (since the macros are limited to 8 and kind of hard to design well to work with all preset sounds).

I'm also like Mark, I use to use Push a long time ago to browse and load presets and even created preset browsers for Omnisphere, Trilian and Sylenth but then I got a Komplete Kontrol keyboard and haven't bothered using Push to browse any sounds since.

Issue with the Push method is the parameters that are mapped cannot be labelled or easily spaced out by "pages/banks" in Push so you end up with 20 pages of horribly named controls. Trying to map controls so the correct ones appear on the right page together when you cannot leave a gap between controllers is a nightmare and some people out there don't really have a good approach to mapping so it ends up a complex mess trying to find the parameter to automate. There is no easy way yo update the mappings without doing every preset again..... it's just clunky.

Komplete Kontrol has far better parameter assignment and the ability to label controls, has the tagging browser, sound previews of each preset as you browse and basically is so much better to use that if I were forced to choose between Push and my KK keyboard i'd choose the KK in a second. If Push ever supported loading NKS files it would be the best feature to ever come to live for me.

Reaktiv

Post by Reaktiv » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 pm

I went the Komplete kontrol way, using macro mapping and its cumbersome for sure. I thought the 8 main controls would be reflected on the Push screen but there's no hope for that, too bad. I also hope Ableton will include nks support in a next push update, that would be great.
Komplete keyboards are fine but the screens are not very useful neither in my opinion. There should be seen envelopes contours instead of numbers for instance . NI had gold in their hands when they launched mk2 series but stopped further development a little too quickly. So much more potential for improvement (as on push). Since push does more, like sequencing, and as I'm no keyboard player I would choose that instead. Best is having both :D

I guess there's no perfect solution for controlling virtual instruments, nothing competes with the hands-on experience of hardware synths!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Reaktiv wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 pm
There should be seen envelopes contours instead of numbers for instance . NI had gold in their hands when they launched mk2 series but stopped further development a little too quickly. So much more potential for improvement (as on push). Since push does more, like sequencing, and as I'm no keyboard player I would choose that instead. Best is having both :D
That will never be possible because plugins need to report values that can be easily understood by KK to make a visual envelope. Some plugins will report a raw value, some a 0-127 and some a 0-100% value. I know the consensus these days is if there is a screen in something it should show mountains of visual info, but really, synths of past days just had knobs and labels and you twist them until you dial in a sound. Even Push only shows extra info for Lives own devices (mostly).

WOrkflow is going to be an individual thing and for me, using KK and NKS to browse VST sounds and automate parameters works great, while Push being used to sequence, do drum programming and automate effects also works great and both do compliment each other in that respect. Both could be so much better if each had just a little more functionality in each others areas.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi
I just saw this, I'm not here very often so that why this late reply.
Ive done the Arturia V7 Push Racks so you can tweak the parameters and browse presets. , They are packed with midi parameter banks, and with ALL the factory presets, so you can use Push and Arturia V7 completely without looking at your computer. Presets are easy and quick to browse on Push, parameters are in order after importance and are not spread out like in some nks.
The racks are also handy for other controllers for automation or just quick browsing. You can also use them on Touchable in the same way as on Push.
There are tons of hours of work behind my Vst Racks and are definitely NOT any sick scam.

Kind Regards
Tim/ Lovelight

http://www.lovelight.biz/

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

[quote=Reaktiv post_id=1772553 time=1585151262 user_id=300114]
Hello,

I just found this thread about 3rd party racks for sale. I tried TimbresandTones racks for Push as they're often mentioned here and there.

I just bought for 35€ the whole arturia collection 7 bundle racks, and I'm feeling being scammed: [b]they are totally empty,[/b] no macro labeled, no loading of the plugins etc... I extracted them in the right folder, so they're showing up on screen & on push.
It is a damn scam or what?

Thanks for your consideration,it can help the community !
best regards,
[/quote]

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:09 pm

lovelight wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Hi
I just saw this, I'm not here very often so that why this late reply.
Ive done the Arturia V7 Push Racks so you can tweak the parameters and browse presets. , They are packed with midi parameter banks, and with ALL the factory presets, so you can use Push and Arturia V7 completely without looking at your computer. Presets are easy and quick to browse on Push, parameters are in order after importance and are not spread out like in some nks.
The racks are also handy for other controllers for automation or just quick browsing. You can also use them on Touchable in the same way as on Push.
There are tons of hours of work behind my Vst Racks and are definitely NOT any sick scam.

Kind Regards
Tim/ Lovelight

http://www.lovelight.biz/

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/
Just to point out some corrections in your statement, NKS presets are NOT just spread out as you state, they are all tagged with instrument types, and genre, sound etc. also parameters are not just spread out either, NI library NKS presets usually have most used parameters on first page, whereas other 3rd party presets are also carefully laid out. But its easy to change and make your own too.