Arpeggiator Syncing Issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Gregwaah

Arpeggiator Syncing Issue

Post by Gregwaah » Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 am

I've noticed an issue with the Arpeggiator device in Live 10.0.6 and also in 10.1b21 and would like confirmation that I'm not doing something wrong.

I have an arpeggiator controlling midi on TAL-Bassline 101 and when I select the track channel, the syncing of the arpeggiator gets thrown off. When I select another track, the syncing issue stops and returns to normal. If I got back to the 101 plugin, the syncing issue comes back. I then copied over the same arpeggiator device to another two tracks and added Arturia Prophet V3 and Abletons Analog devices and the issue is exactly the same. I've included a screen grab of the arpeggiator.

I'm on Windows 10, i5 Gen 4, 16GB RAM. All plugins are up to date also.

TLW

Re: Arpeggiator Syncing Issue

Post by TLW » Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 pm

Just tested this by setting up an instrument track containing just the arp plugin with your setting and Operator's 101 Bass Sidechain Fuzz patch then added two more arps in tracks feeding a Moog Minitaur and MS-20mini.

No problem with the arp sync at all.

I'm on a Mac not PC though, running Mojave 10.14.5
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Wed May 15, 2019 2:00 pm

I've tried it on a fresh set also and I can't replicate the issue. I went and loaded up another set that uses the arp and I have the issue there. This set was using Operator. I'm going to have to go through every plugin, in the set, to see if there's something else causing latency.

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Wed May 15, 2019 5:35 pm

So, I went through and deleted all but one of the channels and all of the plugins, apart from Arpeggiator and the TAL-101 and was still getting the syncing issue.

I then switched off Push 2 (should have mentioned that I own and use that) and low and behold, the issue is no more. There must be a bug when using Push 2 and the Arp, when switching tracks. I went onto the other set, where the issue was and that has been cured by not having Push 2 active.

I will write to support about this and hopefully a fix is possible.

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 pm

I can replicate this now on a new set.

Have Push 2 active.
If you add an Arpeggiator and a synth on one track and a clip to launch the arp and synth.
Next, add a blank track, with a plugin that induces any amount of latency.
Get the metronome to run and then switch between the tracks, whilst playing the clip.
The arp will drop out of sync.
If you then turn off Push 2, the bug goes away.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri May 24, 2019 11:44 am

Did you report to support@ableton.com ?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 am

Hi Jur,

I have reported this to support and the response was that this is expected behaviour for the Arpeggiator. I was instructed to turn off the Midi input, once I'm happy with the notes on that specific track. I then hear no sync issues.

I'm glad it was just my ineptitude and not a bug.

tomasmark79

Post by tomasmark79 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 pm

Gregwaah wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:15 am
Hi Jur,

I have reported this to support and the response was that this is expected behaviour for the Arpeggiator. I was instructed to turn off the Midi input, once I'm happy with the notes on that specific track. I then hear no sync issues.

I'm glad it was just my ineptitude and not a bug.
It looks that disable MIDI Input to No Imput help me too. We will see after some days if this help.
Thanks
CPU AMD 9 3900X / CHIPSET AMD X570 / 32GB RAM 3200Mhz / GPU Nitro+ SE RX6900XT16GB / SSD 3TB, HDD 4TB / WIN10 20H2
https://music.debianium.com