live 5 joykillers

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
miwon

live 5 joykillers

Post by miwon » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:53 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm having big fun with version 5, but there are 3 joykillers:

1 after using the program for longer than 20 minutes there are disturbing dropouts and ugly clicks. restarting live solves the problem, but you can't really do that during a gig.
same problem with longer arrangements: after rendering the set you always have to use noise reduction in order to kill those little insect sounds that sneaked in during the process

2 changing the position of the start marker in loop view doesn't have any effect while the track is rolling

3 deleting a track with a lot of plugin dingdong often results in a dirty system crash. (longterm live bug)

share your opinions / solutions with me. brickmovingbrothers!

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:17 pm

Hi miwon,

firstly you should try to post separate issues in separate threads. I makes it easier to keep the overview.

Please also let us know which computer platform and operating system do you use.

1a)
After using the program for longer than 20 minutes there are disturbing dropouts and ugly clicks. restarting live solves the problem, but you can't really do that during a gig.
Does this happen always after 20 minutes?
Does it also happens when you load a Live set and play this Live set without to change it?
If you should have more than one audio interface, does it happen with both?
Can you check how much memory Live consume when this happens?

1b)
after rendering the set you always have to use noise reduction in order to kill those little insect sounds that sneaked in during the process
We noticed problem with with several plug-in, especially when they are sample based (like sampler). Do you get these spikes also when recording via resample instead of render?

2)
changing the position of the start marker in loop view doesn't have any effect while the track is rolling
You should post this in the wishlist forum or join threads that already exists there.

3)
deleting a track with a lot of plugin dingdong often results in a dirty system crash.
Is this reproducible so does it happen each time with a certain track in a certain set?

In general you should try the latest beta of Live 5.0.2 to check if the problems 1a, 1b and 3 are still there:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26554

regards,
Alex

RobStrobe

Post by RobStrobe » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:35 am

i have the same problem as discribed in number 3!!!

when will the 5.0.2 be available??
* LIVE * 1031 + 1092 * LOGIC PRO 7
* ACCES VIRUS * MOTU 828
* TASCAM M-2600 * Sennheiser,AKG,Sure
http://www.myspace.com/robstrobetracks

DJRetard

Re: live 5 joykillers

Post by DJRetard » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:46 am

miwon wrote:Hi everybody,

1 after using the program for longer than 20 minutes there are disturbing dropouts and ugly clicks. restarting live solves the problem, but you can't really do that during a gig.
!
The old build up scennarion. Your not alone I get this also but have no idea why. Im just waiting for the official update in the hope its going to solve my clicks and disk usage issues. many have no problems with this at all.

I will wait for the update and if its still the same I will have to try and reformat of the system which is actuallt the last thing I want to do. If that doesnt fix it then Im off to other pastures. Its as simple as that.

:wink:

ManxRed

Post by ManxRed » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:31 pm

I too get the clicks and drop outs after 20-30 mins of use.

Save -> Close -> Re-open fixes it. Luckily I'm not using this live, only as a home studio so its just a minor pain, but it is there and it ought not to be.

helixx

Post by helixx » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:20 pm

i played a show last night and it took longer than 20 minutes -- more like 2 hours but it started spiking the processor towards the end. luckily it was nearing the end of my show.

i had it recording, using about 3 tracks with minimal effects. when i started out the cpu was about 20%. towards the end it was more like 36% and it would spike intermittently to 80%+ (== death) and then back down. it was doing this when i wasn't touching anything too.
1.65ghz powerbook 15" | 1.5gb RAM | Ableton Live 6.0.10 | Operator | Korg Zero 4 | Logic Pro 8 | Korg Kontrol49 | Behringer BCF2000 | Alesis Multimix8 Firewire

sungwei

Post by sungwei » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:14 am

Yeah my playbar thing became useless after "upgrading" to Live 5.0.1. I also get weird clicks and distortion. Usually not after 20 minutes but right from the get go at sparatic moments. This translates into the rendering sometimes.

I don't understand how a program could be released with this much crap in it. I mean yeah it's new and all, but Live 4 was sooooo stable! WTF?
Lawrence

Version: Live 5.0.1 / OS: Windows XP Professional / Soundcard: Realteck AC97 Audio / Rewire App: Reason 3.0

EddyTheEagle

Post by EddyTheEagle » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:05 pm

I had this too, but turning up the latency settings of my soundcard cleared the problem. Not sure if this is the right thing to do though... :?

Update: this did not solve the ugly ticks problem... :(
Last edited by EddyTheEagle on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

roby

Post by roby » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:24 pm

I experience #1 too. After recording audio for a while (not sure how long), the cpu indicator starts to peak constantly and causes lots of glitches. the HD indicator seems fine. Never though of restarting Live though.