Load customized presets/racks from user library with key/midi mapping or command

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
TheFight

Load customized presets/racks from user library with key/midi mapping or command

Post by TheFight » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:27 pm

I want to have a little dedicated midi button controller where I assign all my most used instrument presets so that I can load up f.ex a serum preset with the single press of a button. How would I go about achieving this?

I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find anything.

TheFight

Re: Load customized presets/racks from user library with key/midi mapping or command

Post by TheFight » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm

I'm sorry if my question has been answered extensively. I have been trying on and off to figure this out for months now. Is this the kind of thing that ClyphxX pro could help me with? Or is Max For Live the way to go if I want to make this happen?

stoersignal

Re: Load customized presets/racks from user library with key/midi mapping or command

Post by stoersignal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:33 pm

you could use both, m4l and clyphx pro, for that, but for this specific usecase i would definitely choose clyphx

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:59 pm

From the ClyphX Pro manual....

DEV PRESET x

Adjust the preset selection of the Plug-in.

Preset selection is only possible if the Plug-in's preset list is exposed (visible in the Plug-in's container in Live).
This is an Adjustable Property.

eg:

DEV PRESET >
DEV PRESET "Lead Synth"

Cheers
D

TheFight

Post by TheFight » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:15 pm

stoersignal and S4racen. Thank you! I really appreciate it