Anyone been brave enough to try Catalina yet?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
DISKORDuk

Anyone been brave enough to try Catalina yet?

Post by DISKORDuk » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:01 pm

With the Catalina public beta opening today, as always I'm getting itchy feet and wanting to get on board for all the shiny new features. Has anybody tried it and run Live yet? Any major issues that fucked up your whole life?

Please don't come at me with the usual "don't use beta on your production machine" etc. I'm a grown ass manchild and I've been using betas since owning a Mac.

Marrecekk

Re: Anyone been brave enough to try Catalina yet?

Post by Marrecekk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 pm

I couldn’t manage to get VST2 plugins to work. They don’t show up and I couldn’t choose custom folder.
VST3 and AU worked fine.

Also I always get some kind of crash log while loading ableton but it loaded just fine.

So I reverted back to Mojave.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:00 am

DISKORDuk wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:01 pm
I'm a grown ass manchild
I am totally using this! :x

Catalina would be a hack on my Mac Pro, so I'm holding off until the x86 community figures it out.
It's a move in the right direction though, iPads at secondary touch screen displays with apps that can run on both platforms etc.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 am

DISKORDuk wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:01 pm
Please don't come at me with the usual "don't use beta on your production machine" etc. I'm a grown ass manchild and I've been using betas since owning a Mac.
I won't say that.
But "stop updating your OS when not needed".
It's making everyone's life more complicated, losing time on solving new bugs coming every year with each os release; your machine will feel like obsolete way faster just because useless shiny evolving shadows are processed when inserting this brand new IA emoticon that lets you tell everybody on the web that you've just brush your teeth like everyday, but still no one cares.
Ableton Forum Moderator