Syncing LFO of third party vst in 10.1 : maybe a bug?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
diaseis

Syncing LFO of third party vst in 10.1 : maybe a bug?

Post by diaseis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi !
I have some problems with synced LFO in Massive X and Wiggle. At first I thought it was a problem with Wiggle (by the way they did not answer to my e-mails ) but since Massive X came out, I have the same problem. So I'm starting to think that maybe a Live's problem. So when I run the LFO for a certain amount of time, they are starting to shift from the tempo and this happens quite fast. I made tests with impulse-like LFO's together with Live's metronome. It does shift through time and this makes both of this synths unusable to me.
Some more insights : syncing with Reaktor 6 and the original Massive causes no issue, as well as a lot of plugins with LFOs that I use daily. I will keep you up if I have this problem with other devices.

So, the final question is : am I doing something wrong :roll: or do you guys have the same problem?

Thank you
Ableton Live 10 64bits, Push 2, Windows 10

diaseis

Re: Syncing LFO of third party vst in 10.1 : maybe a bug?

Post by diaseis » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:39 am

Hi ! A little bump :P

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am

Did you contact NI’s support?
Ableton Forum Moderator

diaseis

Post by diaseis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi !
Short answer is : no :oops:
I have a good reason for it : since there is no manual, I don't know what the different LFO trigger types mean and some of them work perfectly. However, the default mode (aka. LOOP) is somme where between the timing. This is not because of my bad keyboard performance since I launched the MIDI note via Live's sequencer.
But there is something else. I think the "LOOP" mode something like Not Retrigger, which tells me that it should be synced even with my bad piano skills.
The thing is this is exactly the same bug than the Not Retriger mode in Wiggle. I tried to play some notes with the metronome on and guess what ? Wiggle and Massive X are perfectly synchronized but not with the metronome.

So there is a good chance that the problem comes from me. But I still would like what am I doing wrong and why this does not affect any of the lot of other synth that I use.

diaseis

Post by diaseis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Hey !

I think I might have an explication. (I think a lot of you will find me utterly stupid ;) )
When the synth is not in retriger mode, the LFO goes on without stopping. But it goes on even when I pause Ableton. So when I restart it the LFO is not synced anymore since of my bad spacebar timing. This is why Massive and Wiggle where synchonized in desynchronization ;) .

So this raises another question, completely without connection with Ableton : is there a generic mode in most synth which is always connected to the clock and not shifted by the pause-play of the DAW?

This is probably not a brilliant question but heh, I am trying to understand :) .