Ableton 10 Themes

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
DirtySecretz

Ableton 10 Themes

Post by DirtySecretz » Mon May 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi!

Thought I'd post about a project that I've been working on for a few weeks that I thought you lot might like here :)

I used to use a custom skin with Live 9 and when I upgraded to Live 10 I never bothered changing the skin/theme until recently. I spent a few hours on Google and only really found a small collection of Ableton 10 themes. Looking at videos on YouTube about how to make your own themes, it looked pretty tricky - editing text files with colour values, spending a few hours getting it all to look right.

I thought there must be an easier way of doing it so I set about to make an visual editor for themes. I've got a little background in web development so I started making an online editor where you could take any of the existing Live themes and customise any of the colours by clicking on elements and then quickly changing the colour. This made the process so much quicker, creating themes in a matter of minutes. I kept developing and built a whole site around it, allowing for a whole community to browse, download or create their own themes.

You can customise any theme on the site, making your own remixed version of it! And there's over 190 themes from about 300 members already :D

It's all completely free to use and would love to hear your feedback :)

https://www.abletonthemes.com

Here's a few themes that were created using the site:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

gross9978

Re: Ableton 10 Themes

Post by gross9978 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Beat you to it haha. Posted a link a week or two ago. Great work 👍

DirtySecretz

Post by DirtySecretz » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

haha oh cool thanks!

Bitriplex

Post by Bitriplex » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Really appreciate the effort :) Custom theme builder should definitely be a built-in feature. Good job!

If I could suggest some features:

- As a theme creator, I want to be able to draft my themes, so that I can tweak and test it. Then I could publish it when I'm totally satisfied
- As a theme creator, I want to see more previews of my themes, with different pane features, screen configs, stock Ableton materials, so that I can have a better view of how it looks before installing it
- As a theme creator, I want to have a less detailled color choice (like a basic one versus an advanced mode). By just picking some main colors, sub-colors should be calculated from them, so that I have an easy and a quickly way to build theme
- As a user, I want to be able to comment theme creator themes, so that I can point out issues, make more accurate reviews, etc... Then I could have a more enjoyable browsing experience of your website

Thank you!

DirtySecretz

Post by DirtySecretz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Bitriplex wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm
Really appreciate the effort :) Custom theme builder should definitely be a built-in feature. Good job!

If I could suggest some features:

- As a theme creator, I want to be able to draft my themes, so that I can tweak and test it. Then I could publish it when I'm totally satisfied
- As a theme creator, I want to see more previews of my themes, with different pane features, screen configs, stock Ableton materials, so that I can have a better view of how it looks before installing it
- As a theme creator, I want to have a less detailled color choice (like a basic one versus an advanced mode). By just picking some main colors, sub-colors should be calculated from them, so that I have an easy and a quickly way to build theme
- As a user, I want to be able to comment theme creator themes, so that I can point out issues, make more accurate reviews, etc... Then I could have a more enjoyable browsing experience of your website

Thank you!
Thanks for the suggestions, definitely have some of them already on the list but I just haven't had the time to add them yet as I've only got limited free time at the moment. If I can get some sponsorship on it I'm hoping I can dedicate more time to it :)

8E

Post by 8E » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:54 pm

DirtySecretz wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:45 pm
Hi!

Thought I'd post about a project that I've been working on for a few weeks that I thought you lot might like here :)
This is absolutely astonishing!
Your programming in HTML5 is amazing, and the result is very nice.
Thanks for that!
MacOS Mojave MacBook Pro (15", Mid 2015), 2,5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM
Live Suite 10-latest + Push 1
U-PHORIA UMC204HD

8E

Post by 8E » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:55 pm

double post.deteled
Last edited by 8E on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacOS Mojave MacBook Pro (15", Mid 2015), 2,5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM
Live Suite 10-latest + Push 1
U-PHORIA UMC204HD

hiphopdontstop

Post by hiphopdontstop » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:26 am

GREAT site, dude. Thanks! Couple suggestions--

Any way to add Session View to the previews and customization stuff?

Is there any way to change the color of the track volume arrows in Session View? Nearly every theme I've downloaded that doesn't show Session View always has these damn arrows as basically blending in to the background. I've always hated that about Ableton.

Any way to make them like, orange or something?

Thanks!! :)

Greenapples2019

Post by Greenapples2019 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:18 am

I second that about how amazing this site is and also the colour of the track volume in Session View, it's a real pain. It has the same settings as the "Control Fill Handle" so if you edit/create your chosen theme on the site just choose the colour you want the track volume to be and change the Control Fill Handle setting to that. It also changes a couple of other elements but nothing major.

DirtySecretz

Post by DirtySecretz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:48 am

Adding other views like the session and plugins is definitely on the list, that part is really the most time consuming part but hopefully should get it done early this year!

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:59 am

Just an amazing freebie. Thanks for all the work!

hiphopdontstop

Post by hiphopdontstop » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 am

@Greenapples2019 -- Thanks! It's nice having the volume arrows a little more visible with a bright color, not blending with the background. The triangles are still a bit too small, but no big deal. :)

Yeah, kudos to the hard work put in... awesome stuff. This is exactly what is needed. And a great collection on the site without even needing to customize!

michaeljra

Post by michaeljra » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:10 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the colour of the automation envelopes? And/or grey out the midi data in automation lanes? I find the red very hard to see especially with the midi data behind it. Compare FL Studio where the automation lanes are so clear and stand out so well.

Thanks

Greenapples2019

Post by Greenapples2019 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Yes, if you edit a scheme you can specify the Automation colour and the Automation grid.

ESCA

Post by ESCA » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:03 am

Is there any chance that someone could post a static picture/key for all of the parameters that aren't updating in the editor?