Trouble recording

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TheMelody

Trouble recording

Post by TheMelody » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 am

So I am having trouble recording midi notes with my e drums, I have an Alesis Surge kit(DM7x module). I'm able to load in my VST and when I pick a drum kit and play I can hear what I play perfectly fine. Ableton shows it is receiving midi from it when i play. Its just when I try to record it from the e drums it just won't record the midi note(they won't show up in the newly recorded clip) and nothing plays back. When I play using my midi keyboard(Komplete M32) I can play and record just fine. It'll play the sound just like the edrums do but unlike the edrums it will record the midi notes and everything.

It is really frustrating after it working perfectly fine for a few months and then not touching it for a week and I open it back up to this not working. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do, I've gone through all the settings I could think of, I've reinstalled just about all software related to music on my computer. I've gone through just about everything i could fine on here relating to this issue and nothing seems to help.
Like I said I know there are other post regarding this issue but all seem to have gone dead with no answer, I'm hoping maybe someone new sees this or maybe there is something I missed.

I'm using Ableton live 10 lite on win10

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!