LIVE, PUSH 1 and DJM-259MK2 NOT COMPATIBLE

Discuss Push with other users.
Stromkraft

Re: LIVE, PUSH 1 and DJM-259MK2 NOT COMPATIBLE

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 pm

thrashtype wrote: once pioneer's mixer is the chosen sound drivers
Does this opaque sentence indicate that you're using the DJM-259MK2 as your audio interface? Using version 1.001 of the official driver, with ASIO on which version of Windows?

Why would an audio interface affect a MIDI Controller such as Push? Are you perhaps somehow also using this DJM-259MK2 as a MIDI controller? If so, how?

If not, I don't see how what you seem to describe can be possible, unless using this audio interface somehow affects your OS. I've never experienced anything even close to this.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 pm

thrashtype wrote:as i already said since first post: once pioneer's mixer is the chosen sound drivers, push keyboard and sequencer stops working, even though live recognizes MIDI signal...

This is what you actually said in the first post:
thrashtype wrote:I took a look on this matter and by tweaking midi settings on live it kinda helps, but Push 1 keeps getting midi retarded once is plugged to a computer together with DJM-250MK2 (other models reported)
is there any workaround for this?
I'm still waiting for the link(s) for when other people have this issue. Didn't people bring up any ideas for solutions and/or workarounds wherever this was discussed before?
Make some music!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:17 am

All I can say is good luck with whatever it is you are having issues with. I almost need to raise another support thread to assist with this one.

optigrill

Post by optigrill » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Hello guys.
I know this thread is one year old, but I have the exact same problem.
I bought a Pioneer DJM-250MK2. I installed all dirvers. All Out- and Inputs are working as they should, when I choose DJM as the audio device but unfortunately Push stops working. I cannot play any melodies or navigate, allthough Live indicates, that it is recognizing a MIDI signal. I really don´t know what to do. Push works perfectly when I work with asio4all or any other driver. But in combination with the DJM it stops working.
Could you please help me?

fibre

Post by fibre » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:05 pm

optigrill - you are not alone. I now have this problem trying to use DJM-900nxs2 mixer as sound output from Live, alongside Push 2 control surface.

About 1.5 seconds after switch to DJMs ASIO driver all MIDI signal jams up (signal overflows bus somehow?). Live receives MIDI signal normally (blinking orange indicators for on/off) but MIDI signals never makes it to a track.

I can reset MIDI bus by toggle any track/sync/remote buttons on/off, at which point can repeat the problem above or if change away from DJM ASIO driver the problem does not occur.

All other things equal my NI Maschine Studio has no issue sending MIDI to Live tracks with the DJM ASIO driver as sound output device. The bug seems to be specifically Pioneer ASIO driver v. Push control surface?

Came across some guys at Pioneer forum posting a bit but nothing promising:
https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/c ... leton-Live

Anyone? Is this a known bug, is there a fix available or under review?

thrashtype

Post by thrashtype » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:12 pm

Any Updates on this?

Cheers