Roland A-300 Pro - parameter bank creating??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
silversurfer60

Roland A-300 Pro - parameter bank creating??

Post by silversurfer60 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm not fit in handle a midi controller/keyboard. But now I purchased a Roland A-300 pro.

In Ableton's midi controller settings I can choose the controller and there is a Best of parameter bank for the instruments or FX.

But only 1 bank per instrument or FX, so it is possible, to use 8 parameters of the operator e.g. but not more!!

Yes, I can activate remote and assign knobs to more parameters. but I have to switch between the ableton best of bank and my assigned parameters.

So my question is, how do I create more banks? And how can I save and load them with my Roland?

I would be very very grateful, if someone could help me with my problem.

And yes of course, I read the manual many times, but some of the descriptions I don't understand, because I'm a bloody Newbie in using midi controllers.

silversurfer60

Re: Roland A-300 Pro - parameter bank creating??

Post by silversurfer60 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:43 am

Anyone??

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am

I had one, but as far as I know, you can't do anything except for what the editor let you do........

I found that the keys played fine, but for the rest it was a great pain in the ***.........

Sorry I can't help you!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Alfonx

Post by Alfonx » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:30 am

silversurfer60 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 pm

So my question is, how do I create more banks? And how can I save and load them with my Roland?
I was thinking about buying this keyboard too-its not to big and seems very mighty in doing midi mappings. But i didn’t like the knobs (I wanted endless encoder with optical indicators).

Now your question:
If you use vst instruments you push > and push „configure“.
Now you can klick any vst parameter and this will be added to the controllable parameters. The first 8 parameters are „Bank 1“ the next 8 belongs automatically to „Bank 2“ and so on.

Perhaps this vid will help you:
https://youtu.be/x2RwGQ_PCf8

To use this functionality i have a created a host script for my keyboard, you map the 8 knobs to CC Midi channel numbers of your keyboard. You need two more buttons: next bank, prev bank (perhaps you can directly map buttons to banks - i don’t know at this time).
I think your keyboard should be in „midi mode“ to use the knobs/mapped parameters.

Oh-perhaps this is something for you:

https://isotonikstudios.com/product/pre ... g-utility/

Does this help you?
Regards
Alfonx
https://soundcloud.com/alfonx/sets/alfonx-tracks
Hey there! I create and remix music in the genres dance/pop and electronic/techno.
PC & Mac. Live 11, push2, NI S61 and tons of softsynths...