why ABLETON support sucks?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: why ABLETON support sucks?

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:52 pm

yeah, i posted in this thread... so they haven't sucked for me for at least 4 years.

fwiw. last time i needed an unlock (September 2012 for my new iMac), i waited a day. it was during the week.

dsu

Post by dsu » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:59 am

My experience with Ableton support has been very positive. Copy protection is a PITA but then so is theft if you are a developer.

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:45 am

Guys, if you go into hardware dongles, can you leave the current scheme? So we would have a choice for dongle or the activation?

In my experience hubs often cause problems with hardware. And having hardware dongles will stop us from easily buying software online. In some countries you will wait 3 or even more weeks to get the postage. For example, my last postage from Belgium into Australia took 3 weeks, and if you send to Russia this will be just forever.

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:48 am

And I like the way Native instruments do.
I am a software guy. And I often have to reinstall windows (windows 8 to 8.1 for example). I do not have dedicated music laptop.
In Native instruments they just do not have a limit of authorizations of the software key.

I think they still check if the activations are massive (like hundreds maybe or thousands, which actually means that the key was exposed).

However they do not give you a limit of 2.

Also a good idea of deactivation came in this thread.

If you want to uninstall live, just deactivate and it stops working.

Of course there is a security risk for that :) As it is actually not possible to hide anything in the OS and the smart guys will find out how to deactivate the license, restore the counter and then make the Live think again that it is activated. But I think most of the guys will do a fair play then. Anyhow, if the key is pirated and exposed, Ableton servers will see mass activations.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:59 am

Live suport is generally pretty good, excepot for one area - that stupid install counter and getting the damn thing reset in a timely manner.

Someone else has a similar system (Spectransonics? cant rememeber now) but with that one all you do is say why on their web site and it gets extended IMMEDIATELY!
Nothing to see here - move along!

JoshR

Post by JoshR » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Last time I needed support was to upgrade to 8 and they were great.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:51 pm

i got an email from support today. it said 'Thanks for Your Support' in the subject line and went on to say that they will no longer help anybody that complains on the forum because
When you want medicine you go to a pharmacy or a hospital not to a website.
it went on to say that users that ask other users for help is
...like asking patients for help in the emergency room.
they then expounded upon this analogy a little more and concluded by saying
The difference is that at least in that scenario, patients are smart enough to know the doctor is not present and not listening.
i'm not sure what they could have meant by this.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:53 am

I've replaced hard drives and bought so many new computers and have never had a problem getting a reset on my activations. Also, it seems like every time I update anything (max for live, etc.), I have to reauthorize. I've always had a good experience with them. Doesn't hurt to send them a friendly email every once in a while either
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:58 am

H20nly wrote:i got an email from support today. it said 'Thanks for Your Support' in the subject line and went on to say that they will no longer help anybody that complains on the forum because
When you want medicine you go to a pharmacy or a hospital not to a website.
it went on to say that users that ask other users for help is
...like asking patients for help in the emergency room.
they then expounded upon this analogy a little more and concluded by saying
The difference is that at least in that scenario, patients are smart enough to know the doctor is not present and not listening.
i'm not sure what they could have meant by this.
Is it joke or legit?... Ableton is trying to censor the forum?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:27 am

^ Humor noob.
Unsound Designer

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 am

After 6 months 3 reported issues NOT FIXED

about 10 automted messages

not sue if I'm talking to computer, robot or an idiot ! from the message text I see no difference

I started with LIVE 3 and I went from "ILOVE ABLETON" to I HATE IT!
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

ABLETON support sucks EVEN MORE !

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:29 am

[mod edit]

Arthur, it's explicitly written in every communication with the Ableton support that:

"Ableton does not authorize any publication of the content of this e-mail without the permission of the author"

Thanks for respecting the rules, [jur]

[mod edit]
Sadarahu

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:19 am

hey mate i understand your frustration and i dont know how the conversation shifted from ableton file explorer wit windows explorer but..

there could be a million of reasons while this particular file cannot be read.
1) permissions to the site 2) windows have a feature of blocking certain files from downloading 3) even your harddrive might be dodgy 4) some other process might be locking it...

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:05 am

Arthur, of course you're pissed off because of your issue, but (we talked about this already) man the way you communicate with others really doesn't help...
Ableton Forum Moderator

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 am

Quite often, at the moment I express my opinion about Ableton on the forum I'm already after several communication attempts with Ableton Rep. I 'm rather patient person but I do not have unlimited patience. I remember the service Ableton provided after I purchased LIVE-3. It was smooth and acurate. Altough software have had issues I could not complain on Support Tem at all.

At the time of LIVE7 or so things started to change and around LIVE9 got very bad. I was stupid enough to believe this is temporary problem. So Live was slightly improving but Support was getting worse in logarythmic scale. So first bad move was my upgrade from 7 to 9, the even worse decission was upgrade to Live-10. Why ? Simply because for all the money I paid I could get other product. Would other product be better ? I do not know. I don't have god opinion about NI as well although they deal with much broader range of users. Amazingly they are from Germany as well. It seems like German products decline every year in quality. Cars are not like they used to be, software is not the best and in general German products slowly loosing they reputation.

I'm always super nice and polite when sending first message to Ableton, then 2nd, 3rd etc, but when I reach 5-6 messages and some idiot keps asking the same questions by sending automated messages, not reading my replies, or asking to do something completely unrelated to the issue I GET PISSED OF !
Then I am not nice anymore. If I got this product for free - it would be rude to ask for so much but....

I FCKN PAID FOR IT ! 3-4 month earlier, and cannot get even one bug resolvbed in 3 months ?????

so somebody say I should be nice ? I should be polite ? to some crepy employee who should be fired long time ago ?

Perhaps the problem is that ABLETON CEO does not realize there is a problem with Support, and that's why I'm ranting about it, because I hope that somebody who can make decissions can get those ignorants who I deal with finally fired !

I'm a software developer myself and work with software for alsmost 40 years. If I would provide support like Ableton I would be out of business today. My software is not of that scale and different market but general rules of service are the same.

I suggest everybody who is not Ableton user yet to consider purchasing another software because I do not see many chances that Ableton support would improve anytime soon. Last 2-3 years dealing with Ableton was for me a total disaster, and I have to mention that I do not use LIVE daily, as it would be complete nightmare to deal with the issues while being on some schedule with timelines etc.

ABLETON SUPPORT SUCKS - PERIOD !
Sadarahu