Ableton 10.0.2 performance loss.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lalakulo

Re: Ableton 10.0.2 performance loss.

Post by lalakulo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 pm

For me 10.0.2 solved some issues i had with the previous build.
But when i close a project i see the gui having a hickup, which results in a report a bug on next startup.
But rather happy it runs better than 10.0.1

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 am

Angstrom wrote:Different bug I think as mine has NEVER crashed on "scanning plugins" .
Mine runs totally fine, but then the next time I try to start it - it simply wont even open at all, not even the first step, no splash screen at all. Just a Windows "error" box.

Mine can be induced to start be simply renaming the preferences. And it will then stay running for 4 or 5 runs.
Yeah that is not what is happening on my machine but what I see is weirdness I have not had in 10 years so in a nutshell there's some weird shit happening for sure.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Angstrom wrote:Different bug I think as mine has NEVER crashed on "scanning plugins" .
Mine runs totally fine, but then the next time I try to start it - it simply wont even open at all, not even the first step, no splash screen at all. Just a Windows "error" box.

Mine can be induced to start be simply renaming the preferences. And it will then stay running for 4 or 5 runs.
have you tried 'Run As Administrator' and/or using Compatibility Mode for a different version of Windows?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:25 am

H20nly wrote:

have you tried 'Run As Administrator' and/or using Compatibility Mode for a different version of Windows?
Don't worry about it - they seem to be on the case. It's worth mentioning that this specific bug (crash on start) is ONLY on the beta, and not for me on the release.

The reason I tried the beta is because the release had a different bug (some songs didn't load)

But I think they are working through all of these bugs. I'll try the fresh Beta which was released yesterday and it's possible that both my issues have been resolved already.

al_yell

Post by al_yell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:35 am

A couple bullet points taken from 10.0.3b3 release notes. Sounds promising...

Bugfixes:
- On Windows, if using a screen with a refresh rate above 60 Hz, Live's UI would not draw smoothly and potentially lock up when loading certain plug-ins.
- Further improved the UI performance on Windows in cases where Live runs on monitors with a high refresh rate.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Angstrom wrote:
H20nly wrote:

Don't worry about it - they seem to be on the case. It's worth mentioning that this specific bug (crash on start) is ONLY on the beta, and not for me on the release.

The reason I tried the beta is because the release had a different bug (some songs didn't load)

But I think they are working through all of these bugs. I'll try the fresh Beta which was released yesterday and it's possible that both my issues have been resolved already.
8)

hope it gets sorted.

the release notes snip that al_yell posted sounds like it could be promising for some of the other issues.

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:51 am

lalakulo wrote: But when i close a project i see the gui having a hickup, which results in a report a bug on next startup.
I get the UI hiccup at every close too, occasional bug report pack.

Win 10 64bit
Live 10.0.2

DjFralo

Post by DjFralo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm

I made a post about what fixed the low framerate issues for me (on a 144hz screen in 10.0.3b6). In short, I switched back to 10.0.1 and my framerate litterly doubled in arrangement view, check this post out:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231433&hilit=

officialxnx

Post by officialxnx » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 am

Similar issue is happening to me now, Slow load up time, slow to open projects, playback cursor lag, slow to save projects, and sometimes freezing and crashing while trying to close projects. Thought it was caused by My Tascam Driver, didn't change anything, by re-installing Windows & Ableton, issue has been going on for almost a month...

i7 2.60Ghz
16 GB RAM
64X
Nvidia 960m

-HaVoC-

Post by -HaVoC- » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:13 am

Found a solution that worked for me.
I have 3x 240hz monitors.
Only one of the monitors has G-Sync.
When I drag the ableton application over the g-sync monitor the frame rate drops down to 60hz only on that monitor.
When I disable g-sync on that monitor then it works @ 240hz on all monitors.

If you have a g-sync monitor, turn it off.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:21 pm

Why don't you update to the latest version of Live?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com