Why would a track's audio be audible through the Return Send Track even though I've lowered the volume of actual track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dnuo

Why would a track's audio be audible through the Return Send Track even though I've lowered the volume of actual track?

Post by Dnuo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am

I've lowered volumes of tracks with a utility device on each track, but one group of tracks (that are in a group) stays louder than all the rest.

I then went and lowered that group's volume to zero, but I can still here its sound that has been sent to the reverb track, and am assuming this is why I can still here that track's sound louder than the other groups.

But shouldn't it be silent on the reverb send as well since it's audio has been lowered to zero?

jestermgee

Re: Why would a track's audio be audible through the Return Send Track even though I've lowered the volume of actual tra

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:42 am

Screen shot?

I'm a little confused as to the situation myself.

borg

Re: Why would a track's audio be audible through the Return Send Track even though I've lowered the volume of actual tra

Post by borg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:28 am

is the reverb post or pre fade? I presume pre fade...
sure your routing is ok? nothing playing in a hidden track?
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

Dnuo

Post by Dnuo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm

I've actually just muted the offending track several versions ago and don't have the ability to screenshot the original issues because I just had to move on.

But am still curious why this might happen.

To try and explain it again, a track's audio was sent to a return track that had a reverb effect. Even when I muted the original track, I could still hear its audio through the return track with the reverb. I'm curios if anyone at all knows why this might be happening.
jestermgee wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:42 am
Screen shot?

I'm a little confused as to the situation myself.

Dnuo

Post by Dnuo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm

I've actually just muted the offending track several versions ago and don't have the ability to screenshot the original issues because I just had to move on.

But am still curious why this might happen.

To try and explain it again, a track's audio was sent to a return track that had a reverb effect. Even when I muted the original track, I could still hear its audio through the return track with the reverb. I'm curios if anyone at all knows why this might be happening.

borg wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:28 am
is the reverb post or pre fade? I presume pre fade...
sure your routing is ok? nothing playing in a hidden track?

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 pm

If the return track is set to "Pre" this will happen unless you turn down the sends themselves. Maybe you're routing some of the audio somewhere else and it's being sent from there.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Understood, but he originally talked about turning the volume down, not muting.