Push2: I don't want midi overdubbing after fixed length recording

Discuss Push with other users.
kamikade

Push2: I don't want midi overdubbing after fixed length recording

Post by kamikade » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 am

Hi,

maybe I'm being stupid at the moment...but I cannot work this out.

I'm recordings midi loops in session view and I want them to play back after the fixed lenght recording without(!) staying in overdubbing mode. Just record 4 bars and play back this 4 bars right away. I cannot find out how to do this...maybe someone could help out. Thanks!

Zadok Wu

Re: Push2: I don't want midi overdubbing after fixed length recording

Post by Zadok Wu » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:24 pm

I too would love to know how to do that.

bsshu

Post by bsshu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi, I'm also looking for this. Anyone have any ideas how to not auto-enable midi overdub after a fixed length recording?

The way it is now, any midi change after the fixed length recording finishes (example: sustain pedal held down through the very end of the clip) will mess things up at the start of the clip.

I wish we could just turn off auto midi overdub, but I did find a work-around for this. The act of overdubbing is considered a separate action distinct from the initial clip record. That means hitting Undo will undo the midi overdub. However this isn't perfect for live performance because you can't be certain if anything bled over through overdub unless something sounds off- and if it sounds off it's already too late :?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Only solution is to switch Record off.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Astyaro

Post by Astyaro » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:58 am

I have the same problem in Push 2 but if I use Lanunchpad Pro MK3 it works fine. After the fix length it starts playing the clip without Overdubbing. I don’t understand why Push 2 doesn’t have this same feature ? Is there any way to disable overdubbing option in Push2 so that it works as the Launchapad ?