Controlling any surface's matrix box without touching the controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Phableton

Controlling any surface's matrix box without touching the controller

Post by Phableton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello! :)

I've done some searching, and simply can't come up with an answer...

From the comfort of Live (hopefully through a script), I'd like to "tell" my APC mini to scroll its matrix selection down by 8 rows (effectively doing a "page down" of sorts, by a height of 8 rows). Currently the mini has a 1-row up/down function, which you access through Shift + up/down on the controller. I don't find this terribly useful. I would MUCH prefer to remotely trigger a full page-down (by 8 rows) by tapping a "next page" OSC button on an ipad...

1. How can I move a control surface's matrix box without touching the controller?

2. Then, how could I tell the APC to automatically "page-down" (8-row scroll) to the 8x8 that contains the last triggered clip/scene?

e.g. if I skip to scene 20 (which I would do using a script running on ipad/touchosc) , is there a way to instruct the APC to page-down to the 8x8 that includes scene 20? In this case, it would mean to go from 1-8, to the page with 17-24.

Thank you for ANY help! :)
p.

Phableton

Re: Controlling any surface's matrix box without touching the controller

Post by Phableton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Oh. I just landed on a partial solution.

Session overviews for the mini
http://midiscripts.net/apc-mini-session ... live-free/

This is quite nice! And helps quite a bit. But I would still love to trigger this kind of APC nav through my osc/ipad interfaces. Any ideas on how to bridge the gap between this script and separate surface input? (touchosc/ipad)

Thanks! :)

Phableton

Re: Controlling any surface's matrix box without touching the controller

Post by Phableton » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Oh. Hadn't seen the entire "RING" feature in the CS section of the Clyphx manual. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thnx.