Drum rack send is double triggering notes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Matt_Quinn

Drum rack send is double triggering notes?

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Very strange problem yesterday. When I add an internal return to a drum rack, sending any signal to that return is causing what sounds like a double triggering of the note - one very clear repeat of whatever note I hit, even with no effects at all in the chain. Happened consistently whether the return's output is routed to Rack output or directly to my set's one main return track. Happened with notes played live from multiple sources (keyboards, pads, etc), as well as with clips where the midi is just drawn in and the clip fired. Also happened no matter what drum rack I use, tried a bunch & they all showed the behavior. Restart of Ableton/restart of audio interface(MOTU Ultralite AVB)/restart of computer all failed to fix it.

Anyone else experience this? I used to use drum rack internal sends all the time. I admittedly have not been using them for a while, but I can't imagine this is normal.

Thanks in advance.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

muchroom?

Re: Drum rack send is double triggering notes?

Post by muchroom? » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:32 am

Did you ever find the reason for this?

Matt_Quinn

Re: Drum rack send is double triggering notes?

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Actually, yes, I did. Here's the email from Support that solved the issue. Good luck!

Daniel (Ableton AG)

Jul 21, 00:43 CEST

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my machine, so it's possible that this issue may be caused by Live's MIDI Preferences on your machine.

I'd like for you to try resetting Live, which will reset Live's Preferences. You can reset Live by following these steps:

How to reset Live

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... reset-Live

Let me know if this helps, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns!
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.