Is there a plugin for automatic drag and drop into simpler or sampler after recording?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
justMona

Is there a plugin for automatic drag and drop into simpler or sampler after recording?

Post by justMona » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 am

Hey guys and gals,

I need a program/ plugin or whatever to drag and drop things i recorded automatically into simpler. And i need it to work live for an installation, so it automatically cuts after 10 seconds and then drags and drops the sample into the midi track with simpler. If anything is already existing, maybe you know. I hope this isn't too off topic as it is very specific.

Thanks in advance,

Mona

pottering

Re: Is there a plugin for automatic drag and drop into simpler or sampler after recording?

Post by pottering » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:32 pm

ClyphX Pro can convert a Audio Clip to Simpler (with a action called CLIP TOSIMP), but I don't own it (yet), not sure how automated it can be.

But technically it is possible.
♥♥♥

stoersignal

Re: Is there a plugin for automatic drag and drop into simpler or sampler after recording?

Post by stoersignal » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:26 am

pottering wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:32 pm
ClyphX Pro can convert a Audio Clip to Simpler (with a action called CLIP TOSIMP), but I don't own it (yet), not sure how automated it can be.

But technically it is possible.
Fully automateable!

justMona

Post by justMona » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:32 am

Thanks you two!

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am

My thoughts.

There’s probably a max patch for something like it over on M4L.com. You can of course make one or adapt a patch if you have the skills, Robert Henke’s Granualator II has a record function, that’s downloadable from Ableton.

Are you using a foot pedal?

Looper ?

What are you looking to do with the sample once you have it in a sampler? What’s you control method?