No audio to master with new apollo?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Raoiley

No audio to master with new apollo?

Post by Raoiley » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:09 am

Happy holidays!

I have been using an Mbox 2 on my Windows 10/Ableton 10 rig for a long time and it's been fine. Today, I upgraded to an Apollo Twin Usb.

When I open a NEW session of Ableton, everything works fine (midi, vst and audio). In an old session though, none of my existing tracks (midi or audio) are sending any data to the master. I can see green levels on all of the existing tracks, but no levels on the master itself.

When I create a new audio track in the old session, I can see the levels hitting the Twin and the Console software, and I can see the levels coming into Ableton, but still not getting anything to the master.

I checked my preferences and in/out (in both cases I have 1/2 active) and the preferences are identical in the old session and on the new session. I assume this is an I/O problem but have no idea where the issue is stemming from.

Help??

Raoiley

Re: No audio to master with new apollo?

Post by Raoiley » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Unfortunately all of my I/o options that I can see are accurate.

Everything was working fine in the session before with the mbox. I never change my output routing so everything should still be going to the master but for some reason on old sessions, the master is suddenly getting nothing

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:07 am

Here’s a quick thought - I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. It sounds silly, but I had selected the big knob to adjust input gain, instead of output level. Try messing with those mate.

(Although this doesn’t address why it works on new sessions and not old ones)...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 am

Open the IO section of the mixer and just double check your master channel does in fact have something selected for the output. Changing audio interface, possibly you had a different setup on the previous one that isn't matching with the new one and you just need to reselect the output.

Maybe post a screenshot showing the IO section of a project that does not work and one that does to compare