Importing MIDI Clips into Push 2?

Discuss Push with other users.
RacerX1492

Importing MIDI Clips into Push 2?

Post by RacerX1492 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:41 am

I'm looking at picking up a Push 2 but I can't find a definitive answer as to if the Push 2 can load existing midi files in tracks, as midi clips, from the browser? I'd like to be able to load a set of MIDI files from a song and then edit/manipulate/augment with Push 2.

Is this possible using Live 10.1 Suite?

Thanks.

G

RacerX1492

Re: Importing MIDI Clips into Push 2?

Post by RacerX1492 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the information.

Greg

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:53 pm

What is the answere??

If I want to load from the factory packs a midi clip, e.g. from the pack drive and glow, push 2 doesn't show me the folder. And if i do this with the mouse in ableton, it works, but i cannot select the midi clip by pressing clip on push. And I cannot edit the notes.

Is this a normal behavior? If yes, I cannot believe it. Why????????????????

I came from push 1 a few days before.

RacerX1492 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:41 am
I'm looking at picking up a Push 2 but I can't find a definitive answer as to if the Push 2 can load existing midi files in tracks, as midi clips, from the browser? I'd like to be able to load a set of MIDI files from a song and then edit/manipulate/augment with Push 2.

Is this possible using Live 10.1 Suite?

Thanks.

G

RacerX1492

Post by RacerX1492 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi Silver,

Looks like the reply to my question was deleted. As I remember you can't do it which made the Push 2 more of a terminal to Ableton than a true stand alone device. I didn't buy a Push 2 because of it.

Best,

G

silversurfer60

Post by silversurfer60 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks for reply.

I am in the process of discover push 2 and this is very dissaponting.

Because the factory packs are a part of ableton live and it is absurd, that I cannot open a folder inside of these packs: the midi clips folder.

If I do it with mouse, it works for a while, but after some minutes the instruments, wich comes with this midi clips, are no longer playable, except for not editing the notes of that mid clips or make them visible on the display.

I find it difficult to understand. What is the reason, that this feature could not implement in push?

And my next question is, does nobody here in this forum miss this feature?????????

Please answere me, people from ableton.

laurentbarbiermusic

Post by laurentbarbiermusic » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:20 pm

Hello there. I've been looking for the same feature.

I found an answer that worked for me on https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... dio_track/

Here it is :
  • add new audio track

press clip (!!!)

then press browse and select your sample