SOLVED: Video Player locked, cannot move

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FM_HeatSink

SOLVED: Video Player locked, cannot move

Post by FM_HeatSink » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Windows 10, Live Suite 10.1.7

The video player has locked itself to the top left corner of my primary screen and will not allow me to move it either on the primary screen or to the secondary screen, which I need to do so I can project the video player for my live performance. How do I solve this? Picture below

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FM_HeatSink on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Video Player locked, cannot move

Post by [jur] » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Might sound like a stupid question but did close and restart Live.
If this doesn’t solve the issue maybe try another video format and/or another video and let us know.
Ableton Forum Moderator

FM_HeatSink

Post by FM_HeatSink » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Might sound like a stupid question but did close and restart Live.
If this doesn’t solve the issue maybe try another video format and/or another video and let us know.
I have done both and even tried loading the video as a clip vs the arranger view. It's the player wrapper itself.

FM_HeatSink

Post by FM_HeatSink » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:53 am

SOLVED!

Fix: drag the lower right corner of the video player up to the top left until the window detatches from the corner of the screen.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:04 pm

FM_HeatSink wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:53 am
SOLVED!

Fix: drag the lower right corner of the video player up to the top left until the window detatches from the corner of the screen.
Would be nice if you could report this to support@ableton.com so we can't see if this is indeed a bug and fill it.
thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

Rigadon

Post by Rigadon » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 am

FM_HeatSink wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:53 am
SOLVED!

Thanks for this! This has been bugging me. I closed and reopened my project within 60 seconds and for some reason the window had become fixed for no apparent reason. Was driving me nuts!

aklisiewicz

Re: SOLVED: Video Player locked, cannot move

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 am

same problem here but I cannot fix it the way sugested. I can rasize it dow only up to some point then it will not go more and still stacked in the left top corner
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

OmarRihani7777777

Post by OmarRihani7777777 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:43 am

Me too, I have the same problem and the suggested fix won't work. This is in Standard 11 I should mention

EDIT: I finally discovered a fix to this after several days of trying.

1. Configure a second monitor the left of your primary monitor, with the centre of this secondary monitor aligning with the top left corner of the primary monitor.
2. Drag the bottom left corner of the video window left into the secondary monitor screen: a white tab should appear above the window at this point on the secondary monitor.
3. Click and drag on the tab above the window and it should detach and be free to move and scale as you see fit.

I hope someone finds this helpful, It really put a spanner in the works of a composition assignment I have due soon, and it was quite surprising to see such an old and frankly quite severe bug that really hindered my workflow still unfixed after 3 years.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:58 pm

Please report to Support
Ableton Forum Moderator

agamben

Post by agamben » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:31 pm

it was quite surprising to see such an old and frankly quite severe bug that really hindered my workflow still unfixed after 3 years.
Sorry but not surprising at all... just the 'legendary' Ableton Live video/graphics support on PC...