max for cats pallas problem

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
paradiddle

max for cats pallas problem

Post by paradiddle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:26 pm

I just got a brand new pc with win 10 and a core i7-9700 and Pallas doesn't seem to be working properly. All the osc seems downtuned super low where you can't really hear any pitch. Otherwise, the interface itself works no prob.

It works fine on my win 7 computer and my macbook pro.

I have also tried Bengal and oscillot and they seem to work properly.

Anybody got the same behavior? Wondering if it's the core i7 9700 giving this prob.

Pat

pottering

Re: max for cats pallas problem

Post by pottering » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Pallas works fine here, on Windows 10 too. It is not a i7-9700, but I doubt that is the problem.
♥♥♥

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Ok well something isn't working. The pc is brand new 2 days (alienware aurora r9).

Thanks for the response.

oishii19

Post by oishii19 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:23 am

Hi

I seem to have the same problem. Neither Pallas nor Oscillot is working correctly on Windows 10 PC (Ableton 10.1.6 and Max 8.1.0, i5-9600, relatively fresh install, next to no extra software installed, just drivers, Live, plugins).

My second / backup setup runs on a Mac. Just tested and Pallas and Oscillot seem to work with Live 10.1.6 and Max 8.1.0, so I assume it might be a Windows 10 / Max problem... maybe some Java Runtime related incompatibility? Just guessing, though...

I issued a support request to Max for Cats, will update if this gives new information. Has anybody issued a support request to Ableton?

Regards

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Bengal was just updated and now I'm getting this prob with. Pallas also was updated but it's fine for some reason.

psionyx

Post by psionyx » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Hit the same problem, bought the bundle yesterday.

Bengal and oscillot works fine but pallas just play a silent C0 at any MIDI note and the editor view do not show any waveform or spectrum.
I‘ve tried this with two different win 10 systems, but same behaviour. My live suite was installed with standard parameters. In general Max seems to work, because bengal and all other Max Instruments are working fine ... just pallas wont work... are there any workarounds? Or missing dependencies?

psionyx

Post by psionyx » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Addon:

I wrote this to Max for Cats and Ableton via. Support form but no answer from both till now

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Right click on the device header, show Max window...

If there are error messages in there it may point to your problem.

Cheers
D

psionyx

Post by psionyx » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Thanks for the hint!!!!!

so under windows pallas needs apple bonjour to work, because the mira remote control needs bonjour to connect to the remote control app ...

by installing the nearly 10 years old apple bonjour for windows pallas works ... but ... should i install such an old software? there should be an switch, to turn mira on and off ...

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:40 pm

You could go into the device and delete the mira objects if you don't want that functionality but there isn't an option to turn them on or off...

Installing Bonjour should be of no issue...

Cheers
D

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 am

psionyx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 pm
Addon:

I wrote this to Max for Cats and Ableton via. Support form but no answer from both till now
Fixed my problem by using the bundled version of max cuz It was set to max 8 (i own a copy). However I've had this prob a bunch of times happen. I've also e-mailed max for cats and no response as always. So you get isotonik studios to help you out which is really nice.

Cheers

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:15 am

I've shared it with the Max beta testers group that we're part of, explaining that it's not immediately obvious what the issue is unless you know where to look...

Cheers
D

psionyx

Post by psionyx » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:53 pm

First:

Trank you for your help to solve this problem!

May be a post at the Max for Cats Blog would help others...

Second:

To get an actual Version of Bonjour, i‘ve installed iTunes and After that i‘ve removed all except Bonjour and the Apple Software Updater ... a bit complicated but ist works...

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Well there's obviously a prob with max for cats devices. Probably not every user experienced this but it has happened to me 3 times already and others too. It's just odd that it's isotonik studio helping us. very grateful about this and I'm definitely gonna be a customer. Been high balling modulat and a bunch of other products as well.

Btw Christian Klein (max for cats) is an employee of ABleton. I bought oscillot from him directly and he was very responsive before but not anymore. I'm guessing, he wants us to deal with Ableton directly. Personaly I don't really care if there's a prob and it doesn't get resolved right away. I'm all cool about this. What I'm not cool about is radio silence.

Anyways cheers!

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Christian may be on holiday?

Cheers
D