Ableton 10 Feature Request

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
zkmusic

Re: Ableton 10 Feature Request

Post by zkmusic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Hello!!
My wishes and suggestions are:

01. Split midi notes option in Piano Roll (scissors tool).

02. Selecting top/bottom notes inside midi clip (in chords or polyphonic recordings). It is a great way to separate voices when you write music for string quintet using piano track for recording ideas.

03. Global waveform zoom in/out option. Great for low gain audio clips to see their’s content.

04. Option for selecting “all following” from selected note (Piano Roll) and clip (Arrange View).

Ex: When you record piano part (off the time and grid) and than want to move one note (left or right), rest of material (from this note) should be moved with it together.

05. More colors.
In dark colors, the waveform and names should be light to make them visible.

06. Option for selecting particular clips in Arrange View.

07. Option for creating fades in all selected clips at the same time.

08. Stock metering devices for LUFS and True Peak as well as really True Peak Limiter device.

09. Console style EQ.

10 Comping (Takes) for audio/MIDI recordings. As well as versions.

11 Option for automatic cross-fade behavior when audio clip is moved over another audio clip.

12 Dedicated stock Rotor/Leslie plugin.

13 Something like Match EQ for capture frequency from reference material and matching it to own track.

14 Panic.
Stop button doesn’t cut sustain.

15 “Show device slots” option in “Options.txt” file, should be officially implemented.

16 Bounce In Place (Logic). Freeze and Flatten are a half-way solution. When I want make a dry bounce, I have to turn of all plugins on track and copy them to bounced one. To much moves.

Thank you!

Sintek

Post by Sintek » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:17 am

Drum Rack's single chain output DIRECTLY, without creating annoying returns or audio bus tracks!!!! It's something I've been waiting for years.... PLEASE!!!

Sintek

Post by Sintek » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 am

OH!!! and for MIDI output/input too in instrument/drum racks too!!!...

OH!! AND...

...a way to "layering" audio just like a sort of vocal comping instead of creating a new take every time...

OH!! AND...

...a way to put an instrument and/or effect ONLY to a single pattern (in arrangement) or clip (in session)

OH!! AND...

....a way to prelisten sounds in headphones before to write them in the clip; everything while master recording. Or, at least, prelisten sound only to record it into clip, without master recording. Because when monitoring in I listen only the sounds I play and the clip that is playing have no output to the master...

...I think, yes, that would be awesome!!!! :)

sj1

Copy Names Between Clips and Samples

Post by sj1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi,

An audio clip is associated with a sample, which can be seen by right-clicking on the clip and choosing 'Show in Browser' (or 'Show in Explorer').

I would like to be able to rename the sample according to match the clip name (or vice versa) with a single simple operation, such as a couple of new entries in the right-click menu for a clip:

'Sample Name to Clip'
'Clip Name to Sample'

Also, being able to do all of them (or the selected ones) at once would be super:

'Sample Names to Clips'
'Clip Names to Samples'

Programming-wise, this would be straightforward for a developer to implement, but for anyone who would like to do such renaming as part of their data management, it would save a tremendous amount of time out here in the field.

Thanks!
Live 11, Windows 10 Pro, LPP MK3

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Editing of audio waveforms by drawing.
So, when the sample warped/or not (for distructive correction) You should be able to simply take "pencil tool" and easy edit by drawing a sound wave directly on the track or in the audio editor. This function makes it possible to “Smooth” the signal, to avoid “Clicks”. Very useful and very easy to implement, ir's necessary. This removes the need for other audio editors. This is implemented in many DAWs, but in Ableton it will be a killer-feature,(next i explain why) but it doesn't there in ableton!
Draw waveforms/shape allows use it together with Wavetable to make tables for it, if you need, which completely erases all the restrictions for making interesting forms of sounds and elevates the wavetable itself to a whole new level, where you no longer need serum.

TVDT

Post by TVDT » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi! First post here.

Would love to see the UTILITY-plugin also have a built in HP filter with frequency and switchable 6/12/24dB slope.

Cheers,
Kristian

Gatewatcher

Post by Gatewatcher » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:21 pm

I had posted this in another thread:
ARA 2, Vocal Comping, integrated pitch correction and MPE support please!

uiriamu98

Post by uiriamu98 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Could Ableton add chord recognition to the piano roll like Logic Pro?

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:07 pm

I think there's a couple of M4L devices that do this. Might be a nice feature for the info box.

viiana

Post by viiana » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:03 am

Waveform on each clip in session view.
Play head on each active clip in session view.