Upgrading from Lite to Standard

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
pluper

Upgrading from Lite to Standard

Post by pluper » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 pm

I don't know if I'm posting this on the right place, but here goes.
I'm upgrading from Ableton Live 10 Lite to Standard. Do I have to redownload my VST plugins or packs? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I barely know what I'm doing.

pottering

Re: Upgrading from Lite to Standard

Post by pottering » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm

No need to re-install VSTs or Packs, it picks up the config, and if that fails you can just point to the same folders in the Preferences.
♥♥♥

pluper

Post by pluper » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:34 pm

Thank you so much!

djaxlpaxl

Post by djaxlpaxl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:15 am

do you mean sample packs, and samples used in projects from lite, transfer over to standard? i had the same question kinda, but i just dont want to lose my projects or go into each project and manually reload all the samples after a upgrade to standard. thanks!

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:14 am

New installs pick up the settings of the older installs, so the new Standard install should pick up the existing Lite settings.

Install Standard before uninstalling Lite.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... lation-FAQ

Note that uninstalling will delete Live's install folder (and sub-folders), you should not have put any user files in Live's install folder (it is rare, but a few users make the mistake of saving files in a sub-folder inside Live's install folder).
♥♥♥

tomakeyoupuke

Post by tomakeyoupuke » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:27 pm

so to clarify, my entire library should pick up once I install the upgrade? samples, plugins vst, previous projects, etc...?? very nervous about losing my work. I am installing to standard 10 from 10 lite hopefully everything picks up and syncs... :)

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:24 pm

I've done this before, also going from Standard to Suite. It all just works, all preferences are retained.