What are the biggest struggles for you in terms of achieving the sound you want?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
immersed_records

What are the biggest struggles for you in terms of achieving the sound you want?

Post by immersed_records » Thu May 07, 2020 2:29 am

Is there something in your music missing that you wish you had?

nathannn

Re: What are the biggest struggles for you in terms of achieving the sound you want?

Post by nathannn » Thu May 07, 2020 5:45 am

After years of using Ableton Live I find it difficult to make anything by myself anymore. Im missing human collaboration. It may be my age but I dont have the stamina to produce a full album with the software that it is available today...Its just too time consuming and absolutely boring. Plus I have been looking and interacting with the same UI for almost 20 years. Its not just Ableton, all music software bores me.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

TLW

Re: What are the biggest struggles for you in terms of achieving the sound you want?

Post by TLW » Thu May 07, 2020 6:49 pm

immersed_records wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:29 am
“Achieving the sound” isn’t really a problem for me, other than spending 45 years searching for the perfect fuzz pedal and a bit of a lust for a Buchla system or Make Noise modular. I find my biggest struggle is getting anything finished. And not getting bored or so over-familiar with something I’m working on when I’ve heard it 30 times that the project gets stalled.
immersed_records wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:29 am
Is there something in your music missing that you wish you had?
A “click here for an instant million-selling earner” plugin would be quite useful.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:01 pm

I'm trying to make sounds in outer space, but I don't hear anything at all. Could it be a sound card issue??