Ableton 11. You forgot something

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Bulemy

Ableton 11. You forgot something

Post by Bulemy » Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Fix m4l devices. Lfo, envelopers and shapers, especially envelope follower to correct sidechain kick with bass without delay (or add them lookahead(or fix PDC, idk what the problem with it,)

Fix bugs, please.....
bug with Warping latency, bug with automation on the track latency (put utility on the track, raise the gain to 30 and sharply lower it to -inf. You will get big latency. Then do the same into the audio-clip. You don't have latency now. (???) ). Another words make more accurate automatic delay compensation.

(i created a lot posts on this topic with all screenshots)

Editing audio waveforms by drawing. So, when the sample warped/or not (for distructive correction) You should be able to simply take "pencil tool" and easy edit by drawing a sound wave directly on the track or in the audio editor. This function makes it possible to “Smooth” the signal, to avoid “Clicks”. Very useful and very easy to implement, ir's necessary. This removes the need for other audio editors. Draw waveforms/shape also allows use it together with Wavetable to make tables, which completely erases all the restrictions for making interesting forms of sounds and elevates the wavetable itself to a whole new level, where you no longer need serum.

lynier phase option of eq8. Useful for mastering. logic pro has.
dynamic option of EQ8 (Must have)

Pitch correction (Melodyne integration would be best ) / ARA2 support

Midi2 support

Frequency splitter, MULTIBAND FX'er (Like in BWS, Stud.one... Now in FL. You can create it in ableton, but it should be native)

Group freeze (and flatten)

map SOLO button in chain.

Group and hide RETURN tracks(buses), choose return on every track, => no limits on return tracks.(Add the notation of knobs return tracks on the tracks so that when their number exceeds 5, it is easy to determine where the return is sent and what, or remake the send system altogether, make it convenient to use)

Native Loudness meter device. (LUFS, RMS) / integrated LUFS meter in ableton Limiter. Easy and useful.

Add a more flexible process of waveshaping, curve editing in saturator by drawing option with the ability to modulate from the volume/amplitude level. (WITHOUT LATENCY LIKE ENVELOPE FOLLOWER)

full-fledged fullscreen

disabling velocity sensitivity in midi keyboards in options

A way to quickly sample any synth with Ableton. Not just one waveform sample BUT actually for printing into a sample instrument/rompler like kontakt. For example, FL studio has a function like this: u can right click any software synth (say like SERUM) and click create sampled instrument = creates a nearly identical sampled instrument in DIRECTWAVE. Ableton can do the same with instrumental rack and sampler! It's easy and and just unbelievable!

a tool similar to the addison from fl for flexible work with a sample and spectral view information in an audio file. Advanced sample editor
( Spectogramm analysis )

Gen~ Editing in max for live like max. If it's possible.

"Sample options" automation (pitch, Complex pro) to track and simpler/sampler

And this is only a small part of those things that need to be done. Ableton has room to grow, and there are things that Ableton programmers need to work on.

dedicated to things that should be in the flagship DAW worth more than $ 700 (no discount). Well, the truth is, Ableton is a competitor to the most powerful DAWs, and you want to have the corresponding functionality.

Ableton has always been proud of excellent functionality right out of the box, so why should I pay over $ 700 for melodyne for pitch correction when other daws offers this functionality for 200?
Please, read reviews of people who think the same.(some on the links I provided). The release of the things I said about in no way will make ableton worse. I really hope that all this will appear in Ableton, and 10.2 will bring at least some of these things. I want to see ableton as an absolutely universal and completely standalone software for any type of audio work without need in third-party software, that some other DAWs can already offer us today.

Guys, I adore Ableton live, I will have great motivation to switch to Suite, and not to purchase third-party software if the company can offer everything that we need. I hope ableton know how to do this. But In the meantime it is impossible to deny the obvious facts and you need to ask about those functions that should be. Need to write to ableton developers with ideas, to the support team and wherever possible to speed up the development process.

Thank you very much for your attention!
And sorry guys for English, people from all over the world use ableton:)
Last edited by Bulemy on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 45 times in total.

ozinga

Re: Ableton, It's time....

Post by ozinga » Fri May 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Bulemy wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Pitch correction (has even daw which costs 200$, (logi), (cub) and even stud.one...)

You say even but Studio One is the first DAW to have native Melodyne ARA :)
Actually Studio One is ahead of Cubase and Logic on so many things. Things like polyphonic audio chord change etc..

I agree with all of your points but before all of those at least we should get bounce in place and select, fade, trim multiple clips :)

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Fri May 15, 2020 11:29 pm

However, why has nothing been happening for the past year? Any innovations?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat May 16, 2020 1:01 am

A little list of what happened during the past year.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Sat May 16, 2020 1:24 am

No. it's list for more than year;) 10.1 was introduced a year ago. Recently introduced Lpx10.5, and it's time for ableton to do something substantial. I think that 10.2 will be very soon. Hope he does not disappoint.
Ableton has too much attention on midi devices ...
99% of all changes over the past year are related to them, or these are bug fixes. While many other DAWs have taken a huge step forward this year.
As said users (it's not even my words),
Ableton need to step up. Live is no longer unique, BWS and LPX copy some things, but made it better. New LPX 10.5 is awesome!(c)
And you can agree, you can disagree, but it's true.
tell me something really grand since 10.1 this year.
If you want, I will give a lot of ultimatum things that happened to other daw in the same period of time.

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 am

The sad thing is that Logic and other DAWs are slowly adding most of the features that made Live so good. Logic 10.5 looks like it's addressed almost every reason that someone might want to use Live for production. The sampler and new drum sequencing alone is massive. I can see myself jumping back into Logic again part time. Doesn't look like I'll be missing anything.

We need Comping.
We need a Hide feature.
We need bounce in place.
ARA.
Can we do something about the browser?
I would like clip gain on the arrangement.
I would like midi CCs in the arrangement.
I would like multiple fades.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Bulemy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 am
We need bounce in place.
Until then, use this.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:21 pm

I believe the very nature of Live as devised by it's creators, means that we simply won't see it becoming the all singing all dancing DAW that Logic now appears to be. Of course I hope to proven wrong.
EG. We will never see comping in Live.

We will never see a horizontal session view next to the arrangement in Live

We will never see waveform drawing in the audio editor in Live.

We will never see item FX in Live

and so on.... unless of course the developers drop their rigidity to sticking to the "live" paradigm, which to me is worth dropping. Their Idea of " live" is not the same as mine. ( see my complaints about Push). It's already pretty bloaty feeling, why not just go full fat?

I also have no idea if Logic 10.5 is actually better at handling it's new ableton "influenced" features, but it has features i want. Small features i have not listed, that Ableton never needed to leave out themselves.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 am

dna598 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:21 pm
I believe the very nature of Live as devised by it's creators, means that we simply won't see it becoming the all singing all dancing DAW that Logic now appears to be. Of course I hope to proven wrong.
EG. We will never see comping in Live.

We will never see a horizontal session view next to the arrangement in Live

We will never see waveform drawing in the audio editor in Live.

We will never see item FX in Live

and so on.... unless of course the developers drop their rigidity to sticking to the "live" paradigm, which to me is worth dropping. Their Idea of " live" is not the same as mine. ( see my complaints about Push). It's already pretty bloaty feeling, why not just go full fat?

I also have no idea if Logic 10.5 is actually better at handling it's new ableton "influenced" features, but it has features i want. Small features i have not listed, that Ableton never needed to leave out themselves.
Sadly. Other DAW will become more functional, convenience, capabilities "out of the box". Logic generally contains various types of compressors, convenient plug-ins for mastering, LUFS meter, is a multifunctional, full-fledged DAW. So now there are also pulling up the "Chips" and the convenience, simplicity of Ableton, very good sampler)

docbot

Post by docbot » Sun May 24, 2020 9:42 pm

I agree, Ableton is lagging behind.

There's so many features missing and it's unlikely that they'll all be introduced soon.

Midi VSTs without routing, Comping, latency compensated Midi and CV Output, MPE, Support for basic Midi features like Midi channels for multitimbral Plugins.

I hope they'll blow us away soon with something grand, but my I want get my hopes up too high atm

jpallarest

Post by jpallarest » Sun May 24, 2020 10:59 pm

God I'm so jealous of LPX 10.5 step sequencer, and the auto sampler...The rest was just LPX catching up. Live Loops is no Ableton Session View. There's so much more in Session View.

That said, now Ableton needs to catch up to them too. For a start, how about comping, a dedicated mixer window, MPE, bounce in place, a tool for auto tuning and pitch correcting, etc. Let's see what comes in 10.5

R-shackleford

Post by R-shackleford » Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm

yeah if we dont get comping in 10.5 im selling my push and buying logic

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Ableton Limiter must have lufs meter guys,would be very helpful

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 am

Anyone disagre????