save MIDI-Mapping in devices and/or tracks

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
warper

save MIDI-Mapping in devices and/or tracks

Post by warper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 am

would be very helpful to be able to safe MIDI-mapping in devices and tracks.
In my live setup I am using several hardware controllers with special midi mapping. In sum, there are nearly 1000 MIDI-commands I use. So, when I start creating a new song, there is only one way to work: loading a setup song with all my stuff (devices, tracks) with all their mappings, wether I need them for the new song or not. So, my "template" realy needs near one minute to load... I would like to have the opportunity, to load devices and tracks with special mapping WHEN I need them, not every time from the beginning. I am aware about the problem, that, if there are MIDI commands are used in a song, and a device with same mapping would be loaded, there would be a controller conflict. But, may be, Ableton Live then could start an option like: "Device loading will overwrite existing MIDI mapping. Are you sure?", or so on...

Afturmath

Re: save MIDI-Mapping in devices and/or tracks

Post by Afturmath » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:46 pm

+1000000 for this. I have about 200 mappings across 2 devices I use regularly. I also resort to including all midi-mapped devices in my default template and just removing whatever I don't want to use in that session. Saving mappings with devices (or device racks) would significantly improve my workflow and reduce my template load times.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:26 pm

If it's Blue Hand Automapping that you want to save and you have a supported controller like the Push 2 then this could be very useful.

https://isotonikstudios.com/product/pre ... g-utility/

Cheers
D

denimdenim

Post by denimdenim » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Any news about that? This feature would improve my workflow so much!!! We need this feature.

Save Midi Mappings with Tracks and Devices in Ableton! So you can combine two sessions without starting mapping from the beginning. I want to be able to drag and drop my preconfigured Tracks and Devices with saved midi mappings.

I did not check the isotonik studio PrEditor device jet. Did this work for you guys?

denimdenim

Post by denimdenim » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:03 am

just found this... But I still have issues. Does somebody know a updated version ?

http://jgarcia.hungry.jp/project/manual-cc-mapper/

3260element

Post by 3260element » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:47 pm

I cannot stress enough how much i need this to be implemented. I haven't found any good workarounds yet.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am

calltheoperator

Post by calltheoperator » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:12 am

can we not just make an instrument rack for instruments and then save a mapping for the rack. The activate or deactivate what instrument rack we need working? its not a complete workaround, but laying out the parametrers in a rack might be faster than just redoing everything.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:10 am

Yes but limited to 8 macros...

Cheers
D

curvetheory

Post by curvetheory » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Is this planned for Suite 11? It is definitely needed. I can't believe it hasn't been implemented already.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:47 pm

The macros. have been. increased to 16, that is all...

Cheers
D

janjuno

Post by janjuno » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:23 pm

This is a big problem for me, just bought Push 2 and now this. I use a Faderfox EC4 (See it as a BCR) which can controll up to 4096 parameters i want to hook all my external and virtual synth with it. Before i was just using a preset template with around 16 or more channel strips. i want to go a more improv with ableton and now my midi mappings aren't be saved as a preset in racks or tracks. For me this is unacceptable. It shouldn't be conflicting in any way since i hacve my hard and software midi routings fixed so there could be no conflict. Then i read posts close to 4 / 5 years old about that topic, Ableton should do something here, they didn't. Even Reason got this fixed in a bad way but they fixed it.

So Ableton please explain how this is not a "live/improv" Situation? We need this.

TinAxe106

Post by TinAxe106 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:17 am

Exactly the same situation here - want to save my FaderFox EC4 midi mappings for Operator etc. - PLEASE PRIORITISE AND SORT THIS OUT ABLETON!

RichardInNL

Post by RichardInNL » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:32 am

On the verge of buying also an EC4. The way Ableton implemented its midi mappings makes it far less useful.

RichardInNL

Post by RichardInNL » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:50 am

What I have done now, as a workaround, is map everything that I want to map to my Max for Live sequencers, vst's, fx, etc. So: 1 track for a euclidean, 1 track per vst, 1 track per most used fx. I then group all these tracks, and fold the group so only 1 track is visible. Then when producing I only drag the tracks with the mappings I need out of the group so all my midi mappings are retained.

But this is tedious and nowhere perfect.....