suite license owner reformatting slow macbook (can I authorize same device after factory sweep?)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
olympiclurker

suite license owner reformatting slow macbook (can I authorize same device after factory sweep?)

Post by olympiclurker » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Once all of the steps to factory reset my MacBook Pro are complete and I follow through with the reset, will I be able to redownload suite and continue using my Macbook to operate Live/reregister this computer as an authorized device?

I’ve always ran my license on this MacBook and I utilize my other license for my iMac at home to mix and master with.

Thanks for any help and insight you all may be able to provide!

Tarekith

Re: suite license owner reformatting slow macbook (can I authorize same device after factory sweep?)

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Yep, shouldn;t be any issue. I reformat my laptop pretty regularly to clear out all the beta software I test, never been an issue reauthorizing Live afterwards.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: suite license owner reformatting slow macbook (can I authorize same device after factory sweep?)

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm

It'll most probably be seen as a "new machine" by Live, so check how many authorisation you have left on your ableton account.
In case you don't have any left, then ask for one at support@ableton.com and you'll be fine.
Ableton Forum Moderator

olympiclurker

Post by olympiclurker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:49 am

Tarekith wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm
Yep, shouldn;t be any issue. I reformat my laptop pretty regularly to clear out all the beta software I test, never been an issue reauthorizing Live afterwards.
Do you use mac or pc?

olympiclurker

Post by olympiclurker » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:51 am

[jur] wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm
It'll most probably be seen as a "new machine" by Live, so check how many authorisation you have left on your ableton account.
In case you don't have any left, then ask for one at support@ableton.com and you'll be fine.
Thanks!

Really curious as to what I even did to my internal HD, after the reset it says the same amount of space is left from before I reformatted.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:33 am

olympiclurker wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:49 am
Tarekith wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm
Do you use mac or pc?
Mac.