Ableton live support for ARA 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
SpecialGuest

Re: ARA 2 support

Post by SpecialGuest » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:53 pm

+1 Also been wanting this for ages and I won’t use studio 1 back and forth. ARA and Melodyne you may as well group together as it’s why you would most likely use ARA currently, niche or not no matter. It’s powerful. VST has proven useful wouldn't you say ? Steinberg is a name now which is much less known than VST. Greater bandwidth of communication in this integrated and nested structure would open up future possibilities. It’s like an advanced VST, and not like the clunky (imo) rewire setups with 2 programs open. Clearly Ableton would benefit from vocal comping and this would be a move in that direction. In fact missing this is what has kept it from overtaking Pro Tools and Logic for many years in “pro” studio settings. That mindset is disappearing with younger producers, but the value of vocal comping remains. I personally would love ARA implemented in Ableton and Fruity Loops and to be able to use Fruity like a sub client within Ableton. Fruity as a VST is still clunky imo. If ARA has been implemented in these other lesser DAWs then I imagine it would not be super difficult in Ableton and would open the doors for more innovations just as adopting VST did.
2.16 Dual Core iMac Running Boot Camp with
Wix XP SP3
2 Gig Ram

jerry sperry

Post by jerry sperry » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:22 pm

+1 please and comping features!

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:30 am

102455 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:46 pm
BasDP wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:35 pm
I wouldn't call Melodyne niche...
I didn't call Melodyne niche either. I called ARA 2 niche. :P

Melodyne does work on DAWs that don't support ARA 2, from what I can see.
It is not about how many plugins have ARA2. It is about to have Melodyne with ARA2 support which speeds the workflow exteremely and supported by

Studio One
Cubase
Nuendo
Logic Pro
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Samplitude
Reaper
Traction Waveform

So I wouldn't call the ARA technology niche at all. It is pretty standard now.

FiodorFogliato

Post by FiodorFogliato » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:11 pm

+1

b_rice

Re: Ableton live support for ARA 2

Post by b_rice » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:24 am

+1

I would love ARA 2 support and easier take management for recording vocals. This is the only reason I keep going back to Logic. The workflow on vocals is a breeze, Ableton is definitely feeling dated in this respect.

Runenlyd

Post by Runenlyd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am

merlingoth wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm
Many of us have been requesting this support for about a decade. I agree that this is mission-critical for many of us, and somewhat puzzling that Ableton is not more proactive to work with Celemony (Melodyne) and others to ensure compatibility (Celemony has been saying that the solution lies entirely in Ableton's hands) as it works with nearly every other major DAW available.

Each time Live is updated, I go through the release notes looking for some mention of supporting Melodyne, and, while I'm sure that, for some, the ability to, for example, add emojis to their tracks was a useful and welcome feature, I can't help but wonder how these longstanding support requests are ignored version after version update after update.
Totally agree Merlingoth....ARA2 and the absence of Vocal Comp is such a weakness in the workflow. I mean if there's something that all producer works with is vocal stuff, regardless of the style...and we have to edit with prehistoric tools...

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Runenlyd wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am
merlingoth wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm
Many of us have been requesting this support for about a decade. I agree that this is mission-critical for many of us, and somewhat puzzling that Ableton is not more proactive to work with Celemony (Melodyne) and others to ensure compatibility (Celemony has been saying that the solution lies entirely in Ableton's hands) as it works with nearly every other major DAW available.

Each time Live is updated, I go through the release notes looking for some mention of supporting Melodyne, and, while I'm sure that, for some, the ability to, for example, add emojis to their tracks was a useful and welcome feature, I can't help but wonder how these longstanding support requests are ignored version after version update after update.
Totally agree Merlingoth....ARA2 and the absence of Vocal Comp is such a weakness in the workflow. I mean if there's something that all producer works with is vocal stuff, regardless of the style...and we have to edit with prehistoric tools...

I'm guessing they are working on both of these.

IMO these two features are Live's most glaring weaknesses compared to other DAWs.

merlingoth

Post by merlingoth » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:01 pm

jlgrimes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 pm
I'm guessing they are working on both of these.
I’ve personally been requesting this feature for 5 years, and, like I mentioned, others have been requesting this support for much longer than that. Ableton has never addressed working on this as part of their pipeline, so, no: I think they are not working this.

Ivanoff

Post by Ivanoff » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:43 pm

+1

jynx3d

Post by jynx3d » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Bump :wink: :D
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

jynx3d

Post by jynx3d » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:25 pm

+1 Bump :roll:
Akai MPK Mini Mk.1
Akai MPK Mini Mk. 3
Arturia Beatstep

Ableton Live 10 Intro

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:30 am

If we get ARA 2 support (or decent Ableton Live native pitch correction) and vocal comping, I could finally ditch my other DAW since Live would have all the functionality I need!

For a hobby musician that would like to spend his little spare time making music rather than trying to remember how different DAWs work - this would probably mean a huge productivity boost!

Gatewatcher

Post by Gatewatcher » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Yes, ARA 2, Vocal Comping, integrated pitch correction and MPE support please!

majestic

Post by majestic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:24 pm

Another request for ARA support please!

Gopal Metro

Post by Gopal Metro » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 am

Another bump here.

Live is my favorite DAW, hands down. I've been using it for nearly a decade and I love it, but I finally had to migrate to Logic for this exact reason.

When I was just recording a few albums a year, it didn't matter. But, now that I've opened my studio to the public and am mixing four or more albums a month I just cannot justify spending the time on transfers.

I will likely still create and compose in Live, but all of my client work has moved to Logic until ARA has been implemented and is stable.