Bink Looper Binkbeats

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
willpeterson1616

Bink Looper Binkbeats

Post by willpeterson1616 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi, I just downloaded the Bink Looper and installed (on Mac) in User Library > Presets > Audio Effects > Max for Live. I'm running Ableton 9.7.7 Standard. When I try to use it, I get a prompt saying that it is not available for this version of Live. I also tried installing in both the instruments and midi effects locations (Max for Live for both) to see if it made a difference. No luck. I know, it seems pretty self-explanatory BUT....I was just wondering if there might be something that I'm doing wrong. There's no info on the Binkbeats website about installation or Ableton compatibility. Does anyone know what version you need to get it to run, or am I just not going to be able to use this thing? I really hope not; this looper is phenomenal.

jestermgee

Re: Bink Looper Binkbeats

Post by jestermgee » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:55 pm

Link to what you are talking about as I am a lazy person and CBF googling things myself... ?

Probably as you have guessed, it probably needs Live10 to run. No idea myself, but since that message as you say is self explanatory it seems you need L10 for it. Maybe contact whoever developed it?

willpeterson1616

Post by willpeterson1616 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:15 am

Hey, link is here: https://www.binkbeats.com/binklooper - and yeah, I'm pretty much assuming that Live 10 is needed. Binkbeats seems like he would always be using the current version of everything, and is obviously pretty technologically savvy. However, my post is because - who knows? There are super creative ass people out there coming up with all kinds of cool work-arounds. It couldn't hurt to ask and see if maybe somebody out there found a way to get them to work. I'd really like to use this tool, because nothing else out there does the stuff that this can do, at least not in a consolidated plugin form.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:00 am

It's not Live 10 thats need, it's a MaxforLive device so you need the MaxforLive ad on for Live Standard or Live Suite which comes with it built in. Both are available from your account at ableton.com

Cheers
D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:01 am

And ClyphX Pro can achieve what the looper does without needing MAxforLive, plenty off discussion about techniques here: https://facebook.com/groups/clyphx-pro

Cheers
D

willpeterson1616

Post by willpeterson1616 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Thanks everybody! I suppose I just assumed that everything related to Ableton was already included in the initial download. Also, I'll check out ClyphX Pro!