Ableton Live 10.2 / 10.5 when?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
eyaaal

Re: Ableton Live 10.2 / 10.5 when?

Post by eyaaal » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Angstrom wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:47 pm
eyaaal wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:03 pm
Has anyone heard of something aboud ableton getting mpe soon? I saw in youtube something about that
People can deduce and speculate because Ableton are obviously invested in the market and they have been producing a Multi-Pressure hardware device for years.
There may even be leaky people who have access to some possible version of L10.5, and musicians are known to be chatty even when under NDAs. People love to let slip hints that they have the hot scoop. Even if they don't really. So the water is muddy.

Even without any inside knowledge we can see it makes sense to evolve the MPE and MIDI 2 capabilities. The new Arrangement automation pane is very likely for that purpose, and will be unveiled in some point version. We can speculate, with some justification.

But as for what people really know, Ableton traditionally remain tight lipped, and glacially slow in implementation. expect news sometime around summer 2022.
A new flanger
LOL a new flanger, sadly it might be true:/
Actually i heard in the video that ableton itself asked if we're(ableton users) interested in implementing mpe.
https://youtu.be/IyJJ1lwQ4Bw
There is the video

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:57 pm

eyaaal wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm
LOL a new flanger, sadly it might be true:/
Actually i heard in the video that ableton itself asked if we're(ableton users) interested in implementing mpe.
https://youtu.be/IyJJ1lwQ4Bw
There is the video
Seems silly, they know people want MPE integration.
Yes, there will always be people who don't care about it, but that's not relevant. If they think lack of MPE support isn't hurting them in terms of reputation, I just don't get that?

Any forum besides this one, and even this one at times, it's a huge red flag. "Ableton are resting on their laurels" etc. etc.

I must be as difficult of a thing for them to implement as Clip automation recording was? that's all I can think about it, because I'm pretty certain they would have already done it if it was easy.

eyaaal

Post by eyaaal » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:14 pm

True words.
I guess at least finally we're hearing something from them about mpe which is something in the right direction..

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:34 am

eyaaal wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:14 pm
True words.
I guess at least finally we're hearing something from them about mpe which is something in the right direction..
Yeah I skipped over that part. Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully we see something in the next couple years. :)

docbot

Post by docbot » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:47 pm

Sean_Clarke wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:56 pm
Angstrom wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am
Ableton have been moving incredibly slowly for years. A new synth here, or perhaps an effect device. Decades pass and it's not really gained much.

Looking at DAW such as Studio One , it's impressive to see the development and progress.

If someone were to ask me about headline features in L10 I'm not sure what is describe. The new fuzz pedal effect? The slightly awkward and flawed automation page? The way the indexer slows song loading down by 2000% ?
Meanwhile the competition are making massive sexy strides.

It's very strange. They have the staff, the cashflow. I don't understand why they are so glacialy slow and unimaginative
In the 10 months since 10.1 was released Bitwig have had 2 fairly significant updates and a dozen smaller feature and bug releases...
They manage 3 significant updates a year, many with originality and features requested by the users. Bitwig have FIVE Developers!

I just don't understand what Ablton are doing, I thought V10 was very disponing release after 5 years (I didn't update until 10.1 the 30% off sale, it just wasn't worth it)

I still have a lot of love for Live, I have been with it since V4, but the truth is nowadays I just keep booting Bitwig over Live unless I just ant to launch clips with my (novation pro 3) controller ..they really need to add something special soon or they will be relegated to just a software application that comes with hardware.
Yeah it's really confusing, especially since they're not communicating at all what's going on. I mean people have expected them to have overhauled the whole codebase between 9 and 10 so development can be speed up, but it's as slow as ever. Considering the manpower they have it's really confusing what they're doing all day long (prototyping features an than scraping them?). Of course they might be hard at work on Ableton 11 with so many new features that literally their whole customer base will want to upgrade, but that's pure speculation of course.

Sean_Clarke

Post by Sean_Clarke » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:00 pm

After such a long delay I thought that was what was going to happen with Live 10.
I couldn't have been more underwhelmed.
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:41 pm

I’m waiting on Robert Henke to proclaim that no one uses MPE.

Then it’ll be pretty much confirmed to be in the next update.

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:52 pm
We prefer the term "Improved Flanger" actually.
:D
Improved Flanger.
Only 3 Knobs.
Hyper, Boom and Punch.
Each Range from 25 to 400%
:lol: