Something is automated but I'm not sure what.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Unit1248

Something is automated but I'm not sure what.

Post by Unit1248 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:44 pm

I noticed red text showing some kind of automation and I don't entirely know what, or how to find the cause of it. I've put an imgur link with the exact location of problem.

https://imgur.com/a/sicIQwR

Richie Witch

Re: Something is automated but I'm not sure what.

Post by Richie Witch » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 pm

If you're talking about the red numbers for the clip start and end markers, it has nothing to do with automation. It's just showing that the clip start and end positions are fractions, but the red numbers are as close as Live can display. Doesn't hurt anything---just informational.

Any easy fix is to type a number in the left box. Typing "1" and <enter> in the left-most Start box will move the start of your clip to 1.1.1, Typing "6" and <enter> in the left-most End box will move the end of the clip to 6.1.1, and make the clip 5 bars long. This might screw up your clip length or loop length, so you'll need to listen to the clip afterwards and see if it still works for you.

If the clip already sounds the way you want it to, I'd just ignore it.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Unit1248

Post by Unit1248 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:42 pm

Richie Witch wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 pm
If you're talking about the red numbers for the clip start and end markers, it has nothing to do with automation. It's just showing that the clip start and end positions are fractions, but the red numbers are as close as Live can display. Doesn't hurt anything---just informational.

Any easy fix is to type a number in the left box. Typing "1" and <enter> in the left-most Start box will move the start of your clip to 1.1.1, Typing "6" and <enter> in the left-most End box will move the end of the clip to 6.1.1, and make the clip 5 bars long. This might screw up your clip length or loop length, so you'll need to listen to the clip afterwards and see if it still works for you.

If the clip already sounds the way you want it to, I'd just ignore it.
Oh okay fair enough, something weird was happening with the clip playback not being in time with the audio, and I thought that was it. turned out to be the delay optimization was messing it up, but this is good to know.Does Ableton by any chance have a way of giving you a list of everything that has been automated? Something like a matrix?

oratowsky

Post by oratowsky » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:29 am

Oh okay fair enough, something weird was happening with the clip playback not being in time with the audio, and I thought that was it. turned out to be the delay optimization was messing it up, but this is good to know.Does Ableton by any chance have a way of giving you a list of everything that has been automated? Something like a matrix?
In Arrangement View, with Automation Mode on, in each channel, click the plugin dropdown menu, select "Show Automated Parameters Only."

There is no master list of all automated parameters although this would be a cool thing to have.