Live TO OBS

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Live TO OBS

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:23 pm

I have external condensed MIC connected to BEHRINGER UMC-404 interface. Trying to route sound from the MIC into OBS studio, but so far no luck.
Installed few plugins and programs but can't get it to work. Using Win10/Pro - which really, really suck when it comes to sound processing, configuration etc. I would also want to connect (route) this MIC directly to OBS without using Ableton and I can hear the sound in my headphones but nothing is routed to OBS.

Anybody has solution (for Windows10)

Art
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

miyaru

Re: Live TO OBS

Post by miyaru » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Can you upload a screenshot from the Edit/Advanced Audio settings? and from there to controls settings/Audio? Here in these two pages you find all the settings for soundcards etc. Never saw this software before, but downloaded it to help you out........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Well if one never used OBS-Studio then I do not really think can help out here. OBS might become quite complex when working with other software, multiple devices etc. I have no problem connecting my USB MIC, or digital MIC plugged into the audio in port in the PC. I have also quite complex setup here but to simplify question I say this: I need to simply route Audio which is coming out from LIVE to OBS-Studio.

Live setup is quite simple:
Port1 - IN
Port1 - OUT

I 've seen videos advising to install VOICE MASTER program which supposed to split that audio coming out of DAW, so it goes to the local speaker (or headphones) and simultaneously is toured to OBS. I can't however get this to work and see no other method because Windows audio routing suck!
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 pm

OK, I think I finally got this. I found a new plugin VOXENGO RECORDER. One must convert it to 64bit (with jBRIDGE) then it works and sends audio from Live to OBS.

Thank you all who responded !
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:01 am

No idea how you can have issues there but I guess when everything seems to suck you will be bound to.

I use OBS to do everything screen cap wise and need nothing more than the audio inputs from the interface which you create an audio device in the OBS mixer to be the source.

- Mic connects into mixer (Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro)
- Aux Bus connects into Interface Input 5/6 (Behringer Octacapture)
- Setup an audio device in OBS to pull audio from my audio interface...

Pretty straight forward stuff really

However if you use Ableton at the same time and it has hold of your inputs you may have issues. You also need to understand using Ableton with ASIO drivers and limitations around how ASIO works.

External mixers can be helpful but that requires some extra skill to know how it will be useful in mixing both WASAPI and ASIO audio into a single channel within OBS to record a DAW and a Mic at the same time without routing via Live.