Possible bug in set_or_delete_cue

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
GreyChinchilla

Possible bug in set_or_delete_cue

Post by GreyChinchilla » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 pm

When attempting to insert a new locator with LOM's set_or_delete_cue function, the locator will not set at the transport location. Instead, it will always snap to the bar. This is true even with snapping and global quantize disabled.
I expect it to work the same as the set/del button which sets it at the transport location.

This can be reproduced by clicking between a bar and calling set_or_delete_cue in Max for Live in Ableton Live 10.

pottering

Re: Possible bug in set_or_delete_cue

Post by pottering » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:15 pm

Can't reproduce here (Live 10.1.25b2 on Windows 10 2004).

Just tested with the "Max Api Song.amxd" device that comes in the M4L Building Tools pack, and it places locators outside the grid just fine (if Global Quantization is set to None).
♥♥♥

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 am

It behaves as it should by inserting g the locators quantised by the Global Launch Quantisation....

Cheers
D

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 am

Correction to my previous post, I had tested with the transport playing, then it set locators un-quantized, but when the transport is stopped it does seem to place the locators in the closest grid division (seems based on zoom).
♥♥♥

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:27 pm

pottering wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 am
Correction to my previous post, I had tested with the transport playing, then it set locators un-quantized, but when the transport is stopped it does seem to place the locators in the closest grid division (seems based on zoom).
That's what I'm observing too. I have no idea why it behaves this way when transport is not running. Looks like a bug.
Ableton Forum Moderator