Live hangs / freezes upon loading of sets which were once running fine

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djorno

Live hangs / freezes upon loading of sets which were once running fine

Post by djorno » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pm

Having a heck of a time figuring this one out, and it is very frustrating.

I have some rather large sets I'm working with (this one I'm trying to open is 16MB) and for whatever reason, I'm unable to open the set. I save multiple versions as I go along, but what I don't understand is why if I can run / save the set while I'm in session no problem, when I come back to it the next day and try to open it up it's a no go. This basically undoes all the hours of work I invested into the set and it's making me want to throw my computer out the window.

When I check Task Manager (I'm on Windows 10) it shows the CPU usage as being around 30%, and the RAM usage at about 20 Gigs (I have 32 gigs to work with) and then the old 'Not Responding'. Other variations of the set get to the point of displaying the set name in the title bar, but then freezes up once more. I keep track of changes I make along the way, and there has been no use of VST's or anything significant that I can think of which would lead to this non-functioning.

Please help, as this is literally destroying my capacity to use Ableton Live in any meaningful fashion!!

DWDWDW

Re: Live hangs / freezes upon loading of sets which were once running fine

Post by DWDWDW » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:33 am

It occured to me that when I had the computer ethernet cable unplugged ableton wouldn't load often. I located one plugin that I think was causing the issue and so far it's loading ok. I think it was a plugin that wanted to verify itself through the internet and since it couldn't Ableton wouldn't finish loading. Check all plugin settings to see if any want to send data. The one causing the problem for me was Brainworx BX cleansweep V2