Freeze/consolidate crashes; how to read logs. What to do?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
microwavez

Freeze/consolidate crashes; how to read logs. What to do?

Post by microwavez » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:39 pm

I need to get this project delivered - my first large project with Ableton - and now that everything is done, some random samples I need to freeze or consolidate crash Ableton.

I've tried with / without my interface (Roland UA-101), discarded it being due to some weird plugins (some tracks are consolidated just fine with the plugins, others using plugins or completely raw aren't) ... I've also made sure Ableton is ran with admin permissions (I'm using Windows 10).

After much digging I found out I could read the error logs if I had Visual Studio, which I do. So I opened the last crash log (the .dmp files located at \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live Reports\) and found out the error was:

The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Here is the full report:

I really need help and my license doesn't allow me to contact Ableton support directly. I don't know what to do :(

I've tried reinstalling into C:, then into a different drive, even tried to change the cache and temp folders to a different drive to no avail.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Tarekith

Re: Freeze/consolidate crashes; how to read logs. What to do?

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:57 pm

It says you have Live Suite, so you can contact support@ableton.com. Only Lite users cannot contact support.

kevscan

Re: Freeze/consolidate crashes; how to read logs. What to do?

Post by kevscan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem now when consolidating. It only crashes in certain sets and not in others.