Ableton 11. You forgot something

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
WilmarBoer

Re: Ableton 10.2, It's time.... for getting better

Post by WilmarBoer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Inspirational to see Maschine's new Clips implementation. I hope for a better integrations between session and clips view. Preferably a split view with session on top and full-song tracks below.
----
Making music is my hobby
Corporate photography is my passion: https://www.beeldvoerders.nl/bedrijfsfotografie

Internet Culture

Post by Internet Culture » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm itching for a new update too, but it is worth noting - Apple recently announced their plan to switch to ARM-based Macs in the future, and sent out developer testing kits just a few months ago. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of Ableton's resources right now are going towards making Live compatible and well-optimized with future Apple Silicone computers.

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:14 pm

there are problems that need to be solved, I described them in my post and many others. But instead they make synthesizers and stuff. Perhaps they just don't know and don't want to know.

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Just look at that.
Our daw :
mom's friend's son daw:
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=241680

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:53 pm

btw, i found a lot of bugs that which I'm not even sure will ever be fixed.
Considering how much work I have done on this post and not seeing any feedback from the developers, I don't even have the motivation to compile information, provide screenshots, etc.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:12 am

The developers never comment on forum, it's a place for users to interact only. If you're looking for a support forum, this is not it I'm afraid.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am

Tarekith wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:12 am
The developers never comment on forum, it's a place for users to interact only. If you're looking for a support forum, this is not it I'm afraid.
i know that. There are a lot of my posts there, there is a comping post on the support forum, which is the top 3 most popular and has hundreds of support. Has been hanging for several years. Have we got it?)
At this time, the developers of the FL studio at the very least interact with users EVEN on YouTube.

tomasmark79

Post by tomasmark79 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Bulemy wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am
Tarekith wrote:
i know that. There are a lot of my posts there, there is a comping post on the support forum, which is the top 3 most popular and has hundreds of support. Has been hanging for several years. Have we got it?)
At this time, the developers of the FL studio at the very least interact with users EVEN on YouTube.
This may work at the OpenSource level, but a thing like Ableton Live is very conservative proprietary software. Changes will only take place here as a small handful of top management deems appropriate.
CPU AMD 9 3900X / CHIPSET AMD X570 / 32GB RAM 3200Mhz / GPU Nitro+ SE RX6900XT16GB / SSD 3TB, HDD 4TB / WIN10 20H2
https://music.debianium.com

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:17 am

tomasmark79 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:56 pm
Bulemy wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:47 am
Tarekith wrote:
This may work at the OpenSource level, but a thing like Ableton Live is very conservative proprietary software. Changes will only take place here as a small handful of top management deems appropriate.
Nobody insists on any serious innovations, except for the really necessary ones. But even without them it will be tolerable. It is much more important to correct mistakes. Those things that should work fine but don't work as expected. Obviously, m4l devices need to compensate for the delay correctly. There is currently no correct way in Ableton to automate any parameter from the volume of a track, as in FL studio, reaper. This eliminates the possibility of using dynamics processing - compression, reverb, equalization - very important things in 2020.

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:18 pm

It is either a big update on the way or not a big update but just push 3 development. It's just been too long silence.

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:53 pm

ozinga wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:18 pm
It is either a big update on the way or not a big update but just push 3 development. It's just been too long silence.
Yes, a little sneak peek of what's coming up soon or in 2021 would be a good thing. Have 50+ Projects moved over to "cub pro", just because of missing features in Live Suite. Maybe this wouldn't be necessary if upcoming major fixes & features where announced somewhere. Cause what I like is Live's super fast workflow...

MallorcaMalle

Re: Ableton 11, It's time.... for getting better

Post by MallorcaMalle » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:21 pm

... ok there's the sneak peek... Live 11 was just announced :D

alvarodj

Post by alvarodj » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:55 pm

and the only thing we're getting is a basic function called Comping..... smh.

If it stays like this i should switch to studio1.

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:40 pm

at the moment it is known for sure that the envelope follower - the most important aspect of dynamic processing, deessing, dynamic Eq'ing, reverb, saturation and a lot other, is still broken. (Ableton11) Ableton does not have an alternative to the peak controller that flStudio has. There you can make the most powerful patchers, tied to dynamics processing, built on loudness. I find this to be Ableton's BIGGEST problem at the moment. There are no alternative plugins that allow you to control the parameters of other plugins based on volume. This should be done by Daw YOURSELF. Reaper, FL studio, did this a long time ago. (I don't know, maybe others major daw have it too).

I'm not even talking about other M4l devices. Shaper, Lfo, Expression control are broken. And if the last can be accepted as it works in real time, the reason why Lookahead cannot be added for Envelope Follower and Lfo is not clear to me.

If you have a large buffer size , the delay can reach up to !!! SECOND !!!
If you place the device BEFORE or AFTER another plug-in with a delay, it will absolutely not compensate and fail.

I understand that these plugins are primarily geared towards live performance, but why is there no alternative?) Why is there no "LookAhead" button in the end?

Moreover, fixing them is not a significant problem, I am almost sure that someone who understands MaxForLive could have done it long ago.

I'm desperate)

Who is the beta testing participant of version 11, a big request for you is to leave suggestions for developers with a description of this problem.
Thanks!
Last edited by Bulemy on Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulemy

Post by Bulemy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:44 pm

Gentlemen ... yes, Comping, yes, mpe, but it doesn’t roll to Major Update 11, may be 10.2 / 10.5. For 11, Ara 2 / Midi2 are missing at least in my opinion. Those "Plugins" that they added are just toys. Again, this is not a linear phase on the eq8, a dynamic band, or anything else important like the pitch-correction / sample editing section. They add those functions that should have been introduced already 10 years ago and make a "Revolution" out of them. I don't understand the excitement of version 11. Ableton artificially increase the value of innovation by delaying the release of updates for years without any information. This is marketing. It is not a desire to make the best Daw. Ableton politics depress me.