Should I uninstall Ableton Trial before purchasing?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Mancave Musician

Should I uninstall Ableton Trial before purchasing?

Post by The Mancave Musician » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:40 am

Hello,

Daft question time.

I'm currently a couple of weeks through the 90 Day Live 10 Studio Trial. I've seen enough to do an upgrade (own a lite license) to Standard for £269. However, is it worth uninstalling Ableton completely before re-installing to make sure there are no potential file conflicts or issues?

Appreciate any views you may have that will help me choose?

Cheers

Scott

Jimjoe

Re: Should I uninstall Ableton Trial before purchasing?

Post by Jimjoe » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Hey I am wondering the same thing. I have templates and Instrument racks on my trial version, as well as sets that I don't want to lose. Any hints on how to make the process streamlined?

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:57 pm

No, leave it there. As I recall, all you have to do is authorize the license and you're good to go.

Jimjoe

Post by Jimjoe » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:46 am

doghouse wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:57 pm
No, leave it there. As I recall, all you have to do is authorize the license and you're good to go.
The site specifically states that you cannot enter a key and must reinstall the software. I really wish they had this feature, as the trial of mine expires in 13 days and I anxiously await the process of reinstalling hopefully without losing my sets, racks, and templates.

pottering

Post by pottering » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:34 pm

The only way you lose Sets and Racks is if you saved them inside Live's install folder, as the uninstaller deletes Live install folder when uninstalling (for obvious reasons).
♥♥♥