Live 11 is coming !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pottering

Re: Live 11 is coming !!!

Post by pottering » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:46 am

That PitchLoop89 device was teased for years as a M4L device by Robert Henke in his site, interesting it came out as a native device.

Or is it another thing? Maybe it is still M4L, and M4L is even more integrated with 11?

The Dillon Baston devices seem to be based on his MC Movements Max package.

Either way, pretty cool stuff.

(EDIT: They are M4L devices, just saw they have the edit button.)
Last edited by pottering on Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
♥♥♥

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:54 am

Considering that one of the main features of Ableton Live 11 is MBE, and the primary controller that utilizes MBE is ROLI, I would like to address an important recent development I have discovered. I work at a major music retailer, and sold a last generation ROLI controller to a customer. They returned it as broken, and was told by ROLI that they do not support any sort of repair to any devices they produce that are out of factory warranty. That is very disconcerting considering that the warranty is only a few years in length. I find the idea that a broken ROLI is unrepairable untenable. Add to that the cost of the units, it is hard to recommend ROLI

If what I am saying is wrong please let me know. But, if one of the major features in Live 11 is support of an unrepairable and expensive controller, that does not bode well for the odds of me upgrading to Live 11.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:32 am

Oh look!

Now that Live has MPE... ...MPE is not so hot anymore!

Geez, wow, what a plot twist! Who could have predicted that?

Seems "roli suxx" now, huh?

Wonder why the MPE advocates never mentioned any problems with Roli before, when endlessly talking about MPE all over the place? It is a mystery really.
♥♥♥

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:01 am

Roli are not the only makers of MPE controllers. :roll:

and it's MPE not MBE! :lol:

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:46 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:01 am
Roli are not the only makers of MPE controllers. :roll:

and it's MPE not MBE! :lol:
That’s a relief cause I’m not a fan of bolyphony.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Psycle

Post by Psycle » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:56 am

Is this really just straight dropping Windows 8.1 support? Asking for a friend... Seriously though, is it just Windows 10 recommended, or not likely at all to function as intended on older OS's?
----------------------------------
www.DistrictSound.com

lu57

Post by lu57 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:02 am

chapelier fou wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:34 pm
Very happy to see MPE finally here. But seriously, only for Sampler and Wavetable ?
They are also talking about MPE for the ARP? Strange no?

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:08 am

Psycle wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:56 am
Is this really just straight dropping Windows 8.1 support? Asking for a friend... Seriously though, is it just Windows 10 recommended, or not likely at all to function as intended on older OS's?
Yes, that did make me think "hmmm". I am still on Windows 8.1 because I was using an Edirol UA25 from 2004ish until last year, when it finally gave in. A UA25 doesn't work properly on Windows 10, so I just did not bother with the free upgrade (which I read is still actually possible). Now that I've ordered a Scarlett 8i6 (which works on 8.1 and 10), and some other cool stuff, I guess upgrading now is inevitable.

I hear the upgrading process is pretty seamless from 8.1 to 10, I just kind of dread these things when everything is currently working correctly - from Live and associated audio things to 3d modeling and animation programs (Maya/Zbrush/Substance Painter etc), drivers and so on. Perhaps someone here could tell me how nice and easy it is to upgrade and I will feel better about it. :wink:

In any case, I am really looking forward to Live 11 actually, currently mainly thinking about how slick the comping looks, Macro instant-recall groups and adjustable macro knob amounts.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 am

>Be me.
>year 2020 most absurd year.
>get a beta invite for L11
>main music computer runs on a stable Windows 7
>mfw I read the system requirements

It’s a good job I have a laptop for performance, but it’s a lot less integrated with my mancave . I guess it’s time to port absolutely every single thing over to Win 10. Boooo!

AgungPutranto

Post by AgungPutranto » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:39 am

tried the beta, still no "select several audio clip" then fade? :(

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:02 pm

HAPPY

also happy to pay for the great work of ABE's employees - every v.number since 6 has been an excellent product

peace
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Happy to see comping at last and it looks like it has been well implemented (as expected from those brilliant developers of Ableton)!

The only major functionality missing now is easy pitch correction of vocals - PLEEEAASE give us native pitch correction in Live too in a later point release!!!

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:33 pm

SvenH wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:43 pm
Happy to see comping at last and it looks like it has been well implemented (as expected from those brilliant developers of Ableton)!

The only major functionality missing now is easy pitch correction of vocals - PLEEEAASE give us native pitch correction in Live too in a later point release!!!
I'm guessing ARA support will be the next big thing on Ableton's plate.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:38 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:29 pm
Yeah not sure why people cry when a new version drops and it costs a little money. No one forces you to upgrade and if you need the features and another 2+ years support it’s worth the investment.

I hope, but am doubtful, that we will see improvements in the VST rack so we can label parameters and even create spaces in layouts for Push and pages with names would be nice. Been years since I used vsts with push because it’s so painful to navigate, it’s just a drum programmer these days.

Pre order done!
I'm guessing new versions gives some people pressure to upgrade and spend money.

Ableton has a pretty good update frequency though. It is not fast to the point it feels like a cash grab and Ableton always seem to put in much requested features.

On the other hand If it was any slower, they would also face other companies moving beyond them in features.

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:52 pm

Angstrom wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:39 pm
I'm going to do what I always do : purchase my license to grumble at the earliest opportunity.

Sure, they should have added a few of these bits to L10.2. Sure they are shafting us a bit. But have you observed nothing? This is purgatory we exist in, not heaven. Things are meant to be 59% annoying/disappointing by nature of existing here. The only way out is to munch joyfully upon the parts of the sandwich that are not poop.

It will be fine. I'll pay the money and pretend I paid an electric bill. I'll get a spectral whatsit and a followy thingy. I'll get some new stuff to complain about. What could be better?
Where is a giant Like button when one needs it... :-)

For me, the upgrade is academic actually, I still use 8.4.2. ( just don't want to deal with the V9 Browser GUI change and the 32/64 bit plugin precipice jump. Probably never will. Wait, they want Windows 10 too? Then definitely, 101% no chance.), I was just curious to read others' replies. :D