Macro Mappings - Pioneer DJM Filter Design

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
R.

Macro Mappings - Pioneer DJM Filter Design

Post by R. » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi guys,

Looking to develop a patch here which I have read is possible but there was no instruction and I don't know quite where to start. I'm intrested to build this myself for many reasons but I'm relatively new to max so will need a few pointers.

Short story, if you know the classic channel filter on thePioneer DJM mixers, you'll see what Im trying to do here.

The filter is essentially one knob lo-pass & hi- pass. The pan pot sits at 12 o'clock, turn it clockwise and its a hi pass filter and turn it anti-clockwise and its a lo pass filter.

I want to make ableton's macro knob behave like this. Essential at 12 'clock both midi values will 0. Turn it clock wise and a hi pass filter will sweep from 0-127, turn it counter clockwise and a lo pass filter will sweep from 0-127.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated

19oclock

Re: Macro Mappings - Pioneer DJM Filter Design

Post by 19oclock » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:07 pm

disclaimer: non max4live solution.

I put the same thing into my template but use stock effects instead. I followed this guide iirc: https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/qu ... audio-6542

once I saw this guide I figured that I'd just use the stock stuff and it works fine.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 am

There's already an Effects Rack in the stock Ableton Library that does this, it's called Twister Filter I believe. You can find it in the Performance effects section.

19oclock

Post by 19oclock » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:57 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 am
There's already an Effects Rack in the stock Ableton Library that does this, it's called Twister Filter I believe. You can find it in the Performance effects section.
I like this idea better.

R.

Post by R. » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Wicked thanks.

I'm just having a look round these now :)