XLN audio XO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BAMBEROO

XLN audio XO

Post by BAMBEROO » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Having major trouble getting XO to appear in my Live 10 suite browser 10.1.30 win 10

I use a custom VST folder - jammed packed with way too many VST`s!! all of which work- and XO Dll file is in there, and Ableton shows it on the splash screen as it scans on opening, however it still does not appear in the actual browser??????.

XO works in standalone, and on XLN audio advice I even installed a trail of reaper and scanned the same folder of VST`s and XO was available in there -so why not Ableton ???
incidentally Ive had the very same issue ongoing with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine

I did notice on a video test of Live 11 that there appeared to be a VST2 system folder in the preferences as well as the custom folder - that is not available in Live 10. maybe someone who has the Beta could verify this as it would be handy to have 2 vst2 folders available in live the same as the current vst3 folders, and Im thinking this might alleviate my current issues

dbfs

Re: XLN audio XO

Post by dbfs » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:58 am

Try going into the preferences and turning off VST support and then turning it back on to reset it. This will re-scan all your plugs. It may have gotten blacklisted for whatever reason and then Live basically hides it from you when that happens.

BAMBEROO

Post by BAMBEROO » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:03 am

thanks for the advice, still no joy- tried holding alt key on scanning too but still this one plug in will not show itself in the browser !!!!
Id still be interested in the question whether there's a system vst folder in 11 as in future I could see this as an answer

Voodoo99

Post by Voodoo99 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:52 pm

XO is working here. Must be something with your system.