Plug In channels help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Spartanumeric

Plug In channels help

Post by Spartanumeric » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Hello guys,
As a total beginner in electronic music I have an issue with some external plug ins : for a drum rack for example, there is only one channel (channel one in fact) that has sound, the others have not. Therefore I can only play a kick, what is a little bit annoying when you know this plug in has others interesting snares etc...
I'm on a Mac and I use the internal sound card, is it due to that ?

Thank you

Fanu

Re: Plug In channels help

Post by Fanu » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Hmmm.
You probably lack some fundamental understanding of drum rack: internal soundcard does not cause these issues / it’s not like DR by default is set to send audio to external channels.
Maybe you’re playing the wrong notes?
More info is needed here.

Spartanumeric

Re: Plug In channels help

Post by Spartanumeric » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Thank you Fanu for your quick answer,
Indeed, there is no doubt I lack understanding...
first, I am happy to hear I do not have to buy a new sound card for the moment since it is not the cause of the issue :D
So here is more information :
- I use the plug in DrumTROOP (it is free) and when I launch the plug in, in a MIDI track, I can only hear in my headphones (connected by jack to my computer) the drum that is on channel 1 (it is written in the plugin's interface that it is linked to channel 1). There is no issue only with this "box", I can record on my MIDI track and do the job.
-the other "boxes" that are linked to other channels also work (I can see in the plugin's interface there is sound when clicking on the box with my mouse) but I can't hear the sound, nor record anything.
-My computer is a MacBook Air (not perfect, but I assume it is not the cause of the issue)
- In the MIDI track I play "all ins","all channels" and audio to "master" are selected. (Of course the track is armed)
- I know how to use the Ableton Drum Rack with my keyboard so it is not a problem of wrong note.
- I also tried the plugin "line of legends" (also free) : same issue, I can only hear, and record the samples linked to channel one but not the others.
- I watched this tutorial : https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/how-t ... eton-live/ but it didn't work for me and I still don't know why.

Sorry for my English, I hope you guys will understand.