How can I convert a chord progression created using "Chord" and "Scale" midi effects to a Midi Clip?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ReptarBoi

How can I convert a chord progression created using "Chord" and "Scale" midi effects to a Midi Clip?

Post by ReptarBoi » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:33 am

Hi everyone, like the title says I really enjoy using the Chord and Scale midi effects, however I cannot figure out how to convert what is created into a Midi clip which I could then edit. Does anyone know how to do such a thing?

To clarify the chain is Chord - Scale. Then when I click a note it makes a chord in that scale, however it records to midi as a single note rather than the outputted midi chord.

silentio246

Re: How can I convert a chord progression created using "Chord" and "Scale" midi effects to a Midi Clip?

Post by silentio246 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:09 am

The midiprocessing is after the clip with the note. You can record the output of the midi channel in a clip on another midi channel. In the input routing of the second channel select the first channel (post midi fx), then you get the midi data after the treatment of chord, arpegiator (or any other midi fx) in the new clip on the second channel. This clip can be edited.
No other conversion i can think of except freeze, but this would be to audio.